pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 3 May 2012

revlon lip butter - tutti frutti


So if you haven't heard about the Revlon Lip Butters then where have you been? They did the blogging rounds a couple of weeks ago and I listed them in this post as one of my weekend wants. 

I've read various reviews, some good, some bad.  Suzi from StyleSuzi loved it, Lily of LLYMLRS and ETCLLYMLRS not so much.

I eventually decided to quit reading the reviews, stop deliberating and just make up my own mind. I have pretty dry lips and so they sounded like the perfect combination of a hydrating lip balm and strong coloured lipstick.  As you may or may not know, I don't really do lipstick, partly because I end up with a very attractive ring of colour around the outside of lips, nice!  But I  wanted to give these a go.

I'd been really tempted by the Peach Parfait that Emma Stone is wearing in the advert but Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup had made me think otherwise, Anna said that it was really overly glittery and shimmered and when I looked at it again it really didn't look like something I'd go for.  As I was buying it with Boots points (not real money!) I decided to go bold! Yep, I went for the Tutti Frutti.  I really like orangey lipsticks on other people, I'd never gone there before.  

So what did I think? I actually really liked the product, it had an intense colour, lasting power and really is extremely hydrating.  Perfect for my lips! 

And just for the record, it is really really orange!!  You can't really tell the brightness from these pics but I can guarantee you it is.


What do you think of the Revlon Lip Butters? Worth all the hype?

all about the girl
xx

7 comments :

  1. I just won a full set of these (think there's about 14 colours? Could be wrong) on twitter, just waiting for them to arrive and I can't wait to try them! Especially after all the hype xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks great!
    i have dry lips too so i will be picking one of these up
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!

    http://mentrend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mine :) I didn't go for anything quite as bold as this though but the colour seems to really suit you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour!! love orangy lispsticks!!

    Lots of love xxx

    http://cookyymonster.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw you're gorgeous! I really wanted tutti frutti but it was really really bright and I wanted some to wear for everyday. I definitely think the brighter ones are better and more pigmented than the lighter shades. xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore my lip butter in sweet tart, and now i have my eye on this shade! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So feel free to comment away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...