pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Friday, 25 May 2012

shorts and stripes outfit post






1. H&M (?) Striped Top
2. Warehouse Denim Shorts
3. Office Boots
4. Rings - I think all Accessorize

Woah, Hello bright photos!  The boy told me they would be too bright with the flash on, but I found I was much less critical of the 'flash on' photos than the 'flash off' photos.  Check out my flawless skin hey?! If only I looked like that in real life...

It's the return of the denim shorts, after posting about them here they've become one of my favourite items in my wardrobe.  They're so versatile, like jeans only a bit more interesting.  Think I might start keeping my eye out for more colours and styles.  I've currently got my eye on just about every pair of these by Missguided, especially the studded ones and the USA flag ones.  

Anyway, this is what I was wearing a couple of weeks ago, now that the sun is shining I'll definitely be losing the tights.  Although, not without a lot of preparation first, I'm not a fan of getting my pins out and when I finally decide to embrace legs out I have to have at least two coats of fake tan on them, and a good few hours of deep breathing.  Ok, that sounds a bit OTT yes, but it's true, I really don't like my legs, so getting them out isn't easy.

Also, I wanted to share with you my very excited news.  Last week I was contacted by the Huffington Post and asked if I would like to write a piece for them.  Of course I jumped at the chance.  Then I had a moment of sheer panic, I'd never written anything like this before, all I know how to write about is outfit and make-up, that didn't seem quite Huffington Post standard.  I ummed and ahhed for ages, and then out of nowhere and idea popped out of my head, so I wrote, sent it to them, and they published it, OMG.  I am so excited write now, you can read it here if you want to, I'd love to know what you think of it! 

And finally, just because I want to rub it in..it's Friday, it's my payday, the sun is shining and I'm going on holiday on Sunday..what a day!! 

What are your plans for this sunny weekend? I say make the most of it, BBQ time...

all about the girl
xx



5 comments :

  1. You look amazing, (although I'm sure your skin is flawless even without flash). I love your striped top. Congratulations on being published in Huffington Post! xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, love the stripes! Congrats on being published in the Huffington Post! Great achievement!

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your article, and you have such a good point. Also love the sixties-esque get up in your pics, have a fab hol…not jealous whatsoever :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be sure, the Striker Short for women are a fantastic pair of workout shorts. They're so light and breathable that you hardly feel them. This, of course, makes them a terrible option for colder seasons or for running in areas with chilly gusts of wind, but as far as warm-weather and indoor training go, they're absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...