pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 16 May 2012

something a little bit different



I started this blog as a fashion, beauty AND lifestyle blog, hence the name all about the girl.  So today I am bringing you my first lifestyle post.  Last night, the boy and I went to a gig at The Troubadour in Earl's Court, this is part of the boy's 'see more gigs in 2012' New Years Resolution.  Which as New Years Resolutions go, I think it's a pretty good one, especially as he was paying!

It was the first time I've ever been to The Troubadour, and I absolutely loved it! It reminded me of a Parisian cafe, off the back streets where the locals (not the tourists) hang out..I say reminded me, I've never been to Paris so I wouldn't know...it's my romantic notion of how I imagine Paris to be? The boy and I have vowed to go back there one evening, have some food and spend the night drinking wine, enjoying the cosmopolitan atmosphere.  Even when we left at 10.30 the cafe was still in full swing and people looked like they had no intention of leaving anytime soon.


Downstairs is a perfect, intimate gig venue, with a handful of small round tables and it was here that we watched the fabulous Polly Paulusma.  Now, I'd never heard of Polly so had no expectations, but she had the most beautiful voice and her music was really lovely.  She was also very entertaining and absolute pleasure to watch.  Her husband was broadcasting the gig live last night so if you want to check it out, then go listen to it here, you won't be disappointed!

And I couldn't finish this post without at least one picture of my ugly mug, so here I am in all my glory :) and a picture of the venue...sorry for the poor quality!




















I hope you enjoyed my first lifestyle post :) and if you're London based then definitely go check out The Troubadour!!  I'm off to the Men In Black 3 Premiere tonight, and it's the boys birthday tomorrow so it's a pretty exciting week!

all about the girl
xx

8 comments :

  1. i love the troubadour! My friend's dad plays there quite often and it's such a nice venue, really cosy. Lovely post. LV x
    lv-inlovewith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sounds like you had a really great time :) xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, and what an exciting busy week in prospect too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great time! Have fun tonight!! :)

    www.theclothesmaiden.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us. Fun photos, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks for the comments on this post guys :) I wasn't sure if people would really find it interesting or not...

    You lovely folk :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you had an awesome time! xo

      Delete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...