pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 12 May 2012

stylist trend on trial, trialled: air hostess glamour



I was pretty excited when I read this week's trend on trial was air hostess glamour, the Dior model used as an example in the feature looked stunning and Joanna looked pretty glam too.  Then I read the small print...it seems less is more is not the case for this look, apparently the more the better!!

So I set to, layering and contouring, which quickly lead to more piling than layering (sorry beauty experts but I'm just not very good at this).  I then styled my hair in an attempt at a bun/chignon and ta-da, here are the results:


 

























I'm not used to such bright lipstick so I felt very made up, but, I definitely felt glamorous!  The hairstyle is not something I would usually sport, and whipped out immediately after I took these photos, but with the hair down I felt very sexy secretary off for after-work drinks (remember that advert where she takes her glasses off and takes her hair down?!). 

This look is bold, and as with a bright lipstick it requires a high level of up- keep.  For the right occasion I would definitely wear it again, for the lunch with the girls I'm about to head out on? Think I'll tone it down a bit...

So what do you think? Will you be trying out hair hostess glamour anytime soon?

all about the girl
xx

If you want to see Stylist's Joanna's other Trend on Trials you can find them all here.

9 comments :

  1. I think you look gorgeous! The whole look brings out your beautiful eyes tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really fab!

    http://mentrend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh you are so pretty!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Look beautiful doll..now I really want to re-cut my bangs:)
    Sara xx http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh you look lovely :) the fill fringe and red lip is a really good look, bold and beautiful! i always wear bright pink lippy if i can help it, or deep rich plum for the evenings. With my hair being pink I avoid pillabox red! for sake of calshing :)

    xox
    http://fashionbreaksmyheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not good with lipsticks really, thinking of dip dying my hair pink so will have to think about co-ordinating :) xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...