pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 26 May 2012

stylist trend on trial, trialled: pink lips



There wasn't a Trend on Trial featured in this week's copy of Stylist so I headed back to the archives and picked out one of Joanna's previous trials.  I went for something simple as I've got a busy day ahead and didn't have the time to perfect a look a la last week's double eyeliner.

So I went for the pink lipstick, I admit that it is perhaps a little boring and pretty easy but it was seen on the catwalk of Donna Karan and Alberta Ferrari so it must be good, right?! It's not the first time I've rocked pink lipstick, when I first started writing this blog I was regular wearer of it, then I saw a picture of myself and suddenly felt completely unconvinced that I actually suited it.  I thought with blonde hair and blue eye this would be the perfect shade for me but I'm not so sure.  I'm inclined to agree with Joanna in that it's just a little bit too Barbie, what do you think? Yay or nay?



Anyway, I'm heading out now because tomorrow I go on holiday (yay!) and I'm off to get my eyelashes tinted, has anyone ever had this done before? My lashes are really fair so I figured I'd get them tinted to avoid mascara running down my face when I'm in the sea!!

I've attempted to schedule some posts for while I'm away, but last time I tried to do this it just didn't work, so everyone please keep your fingers crossed.  If the posts don't work, then you'll just have to wait a week to hear from my ugly mug again.

In other news, it's my birthday when I get back on Sunday, so feel free to send presents, anything will do, I'm not fussy ;)

Hope you all make the most of this Sunny weekend, and think of me while I'm lying on the beach in Corsica!!

all about the girl
xx

13 comments :

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous and happy early birthday!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pink really suits you! it's vivid enough without looking OTT, really pretty. Have a lovely holiday :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is beautiful!


    http://fashionbreaksmyheart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lip color stays beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this look :)
    I like your blog :) I follow u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post!

    XXX,

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! You have such pretty blue eyes, and your makeup really highlights that. :)

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love your eyes, so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your eyes and lips look really nice:) and the pink lipstick is a really lovely colour.

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I think that it leaves your skin looking a little cold, though. I suggest a bit of bronzer or neutral toned blush on the cheeks to warm ya up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "...my ugly mug again."

    Ugly? Are you kidding?!!

    If that's a ploy to get people to contradict you....well, it's worked ;) I've never seen a Barbie looking that fanciable! Er, to clarify, I've never even slightly fancied a Barbie doll - that's just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I can't work out if todays anon comment is a compliment?! Random!!"

    If I'm the Anon you mean there....yes! Hope I didn't cause any flustering ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...