pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 5 May 2012

stylist trend on trial, trialled: metallic lips

There wasn't a Trend on Trial featured in this week's Stylist Magazine so I decided to pick one of Joanna's previous features from here.  I decided to go for Metallic Lips, something a bit different, something I would definitely never try normally, and something that looked achievable.  Plus Joanna made it look rather chic.

I initially tried it out with a dark pink shade, but the pictures ended up looking very similar to last week's post, so I also tried it with an orange base as Joanna did. 

I've got to say, I am not convinced by this look.  You can't really tell on the pictures but the blue tones in the silver actually made me look a bit ill.  



I think metallic lips are just a little bit too space age for my liking, and they are never going to work with my skin tone, I think I'm far too pale! And these pictures are taken with a generous helping of Bronzer.  

What do you think? Of any of you embraced metallics? I can definitely do metallic eyes, and even a touch on the cheeks but lips? It's just not for me.

all about the girl 
xx

1 comment :

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...