pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 28 June 2012

garnier summerbody deep sun-kissed moisturising lotion



Check me out and my scheduled posts, here's another one for you lovely lot while I'm attempted to schmooze some clients in Budapest.  In reality I'm probably blushing in the corner, trying to make conversation with an equally awkward Eastern European.  

But anyway, I thought I'd treat you to a fake tan post...of sorts.  I am by no means the type of person who is a religious fake tanner.  In fact, in the Winter I'm as white as they come (a childhood teacher even said I washed in Persil!), and the thought of lathering myself in fake tan, just to then cover up in layers of clothes is completely unappealing to me.  Come Summer,  and as soon as I have a hint of a natural tan I then turn into Carlisle's version of an Essex girl.  Ok, I'm not quite that bad, but I do suddenly feel the need to regularly top up the bronze from the bottle.

Because I'm naturally very fair skinned I'm scared of going for a full on fake tan, I've never used one, I would really like to try one out some time but I'm convinced I'm going to look like I've been tango-ed! Instead I prefer to use a tinted moisturiser, and I've used these since Johnson's brought out Holiday Skin all those many years ago...even my first attempt with that turned into a disaster.  

I now use, and only ever use, Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion in Deep Sun-Kissed Look.  I've used this for years, it seems to suit my skin and makes me a lovely natural looking tan.  Now I can't guarantee it would be as perfect for you as it is for me, but if you're fair skinned and afraid to give proper a fake tan a go, then definitely start with this.

It's a smooth consistency, easy to apply, and you don't need a lot to give a good covering.  I tend to apply once all over my body, with a second coat on my legs, because they are so unbelievably pasty.  If I want to have a slightly darker tone, for a special occasion, then I use two coats.  I'm terrible at doing the prep.. exfoliate, moisturise then tan, but it doesn't seem to matter with this.  I apply it, go to bed, and wait for it to work it's magic.

I thought I'd include a picture of my actually wearing it, I wanted to include a before image too but these pins are never photographed without fake tan on...sorry, you'll just have to take my word for it! And yes, this picture was taken a week after my holiday, but I have two layers of tan on my legs because they literally do not tan, like, ever!

Any other pasty girls out there who want to recommend any other fake tans to me then please do, it might be time for me to try something new.

all about the girl
xx

4 comments :

  1. I use this too for fake tanning! It's an absolute miracle worker! I've got super pale skin too so it really is my only option that doesn't make me look like a oompa loompa!

    kaatymacdonald.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! I use Dove tanning lotion, but sometimes I get stains, when I don't massage it in carefully. And I'm really tired of 30 minutes of rubbing it in. I'm definitely going to try this one! Thanks for sharing :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been ages since I tried a fake tan body lotion. They never seem to develop on my legs! I must have weird skin. I'm tempted to give this a go though x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, I love this product also. I have just done a review on this product myself; check out the link below for a read.
    I love the colour pay off and the smell, it’s definitely one of my top beauty favourites atm. x

    http://thefreckleprincess.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/gradual-tan-review-garnier-body-summer.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...