pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 23 June 2012

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: the cerise lip



I was feeling pretty confident about this week's trend on trial, purely because it was all about the lipstick.  Just because I don't necessarily do lipstick on a daily basis, I now feel I can at least apply it.  I knew cerise was bold, but my previous lipstick trials had been quite successful and the comments had been good, so I had high hopes this week.

My only issue was...I didn't own a cerise lipstick.  So I trotted off to Boots with Stylist in hand.  The first juncture I faced was that I didn't want to invest too much money on a colour I knew I was unlikely to wear regularly.  Even Joanna herself had said that she owned 13 cerise lipsticks, and had barely worn them.  I eventually settled on 17's Lip Stain in Berry Crush.  In hindsight a cerise 'stain' perhaps wasn't the best idea, but I'm learning that hindsight often plays a big part in my trend on trials.

My main concern with this colour was that if it had any subtle blue tones then it was definitely going to wash me out, but, at the same time, would a colour like this go with  a strong bronze?!  I felt Joanna had similar-ish colouring to me, and the model in the picture so I dived in and went with a pink blush instead. 

So what do you think? Again, I'm finding it hard to go with bold lips, I struggle to keep lip balm on for longer than 5 mins, so I can't see me managing to keep this one up. It's not going to be a look I wear to the office, and I feel completely paranoid about wearing such a bright colour, but that's just because I'm not used to it. I always think Milly looks amazing in her bright lipsticks, and I wish I could rock them like her! Ask me again in a couple of months now that I'm embracing new things a bit more and I might have changed my tune.

(Just after writing all of the above I looked at my photos and realised actually I was wrong when I said I feel like I can now apply lipstick, my first set of photo's looked like the kid that had raided her mum's make-up bag...literally had it all round my mouth!)
all about the girl
xx

P.S. Remember I said at the end of this post that I wanted to try the Soap and Glory eyeliner pen? Well I bought and I'm using it here, another thumbs up from me.  And, if you're not very good at using eyeliner I'd definitely recommend it as a beginners tool as it's really easy to use!!


6 comments :

  1. i just got a mini haul for soap and glory stuff hehe but anyway u look fresh! Yes, really fresh with this lippy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say this colour suits you perfectly. I know what you mean about being out of your comfort zone but for a night out this would be perfect as it really compliments your skin tone and hair colour. I am exactly the same with brights. I usually slap them on first thing and then pay no attention to maintaining them so once I have got to wherever I am going its usually started to wear off.

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fresh with this look! Like a human barbie doll! Great post! :-)

    Please visit my blog and read my new post! Feel free to leave a comment :-)
    http://pauderamos.blogspot.com/2012/06/heat-of-moment.html

    xoxo,
    Pau

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tha colour goes so well with yout skin tone! you look stunning!! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow check the lips. looks good and I agree with Alice, the color goes so well with your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you definitely chose the right shade, it really goes well with your blue eyes :)
    Mel x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...