pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 26 July 2012

black and white and red all over outfit post



I have a confession to make, these pictures were actually taken nearly two months ago....but, in my defence this is what I wore to work yesterday, so technically it's ok, right?

As much as I am loving the 30 degrees and sunshine we're having at the moment (I'm not complaining, I promise!) I find it really difficult to dress work appropriately...especially when bearing in mind that our air conditioning seems to break down when it gets too hot, and we're not allowed to open the windows (I know, crazy!).

My main concerns are:
1.  I don't want to be too booby
2.  I don't want to be too leggy
3.  I don't particularly like getting my legs out, but in 30 degree heat sometimes you just have to be a little less vain!
4. I don't want to look too much like I'm making my way to the beach...
5. I really really want to wear shorts, but is that work appropriate?

Anyway, yesterday we were going to the park for a picnic so I knew I had to wear something I was going to be cool in, but I also wanted my shoulders on show to make the most of the tan-age (?) opportunity.  And this was the result.


























Skirt - H&M
Top - Topshop
Shoes - Accessorize

Please let me know if you have any work wear suggestions for this heat, because I am struggling...plus it was payday yesterday so I have a justified reason to go and buy new clothes.  At least that's what I'll be telling the boy.

all about the girl
xx

13 comments :

  1. Love this outfit, I have the top version of your skirt, I'm a big fan of black and white!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt! Your look is simple but so chic! ;)


    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top on this, looks summery but not too 'beach summer'.
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG i'm the same for work - it's so annoying, today I'm actually in trousers because most of my dresses are too short without tights... trousers!!!

    This is a lovely outfit though :)
    Lisa xx
    topazandmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is amazing!!!!! As to work wear, Zara has some nice skirts(pencil and the norm) as well as some nice tops that are very pretty and light! I wear these to internships and never look inappropriate. xx

    thisishearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty- love this outfit, especially the red heels!
    xx

    Be Frassy

    ReplyDelete
  7. that skirt is so pretty!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Aztec-ey print, really suits you. What about a maxi/midi skirt with a cotton blouse knotted but not crop-top-ey? Thats quite smart. Topshop and h and m have loadsv maxi/midi jersey skirts in at the min…or you could head to M&S ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i used to have that skirt but got rid of it, definitely looks better on you than it did on me! love this outfit :)

    MADAM PATTY

    ReplyDelete
  10. they make lower or mid thigh shorts in dress pant material. With the right top they can be really cute. You should check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely print on that skirt! I love this as a work outfit, its the sort of thing I could get away with at work- I always feel silly being too dressed up working with kids in the hospital... I feel way too smart in whatever I wear since they're usually in pjs!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...