pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 12 July 2012

maxi skirt and a crop top outfit post



I have to confess, I wore this outfit a couple of weeks ago, but it's still an outfit all the same so technically it doesn't matter when I wore it, right?  Again, another outfit when the sun was shinning, seriously England, what is going on?  Tonight I got absolutely soaked on my way home from work (just a heads up, wearing ballet pumps is not sensible at the moment!) but now the sun is out...I just want it to be Summer already.


 
Skirt - Topshop

I bought this skirt for my birthday night out last year, and I haven't had many opportunities to wear it.  Now that I'm getting old (!) and I'm loved up, I don't go out 'clubbing' anymore, and tend to spend more time in old man pubs.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE an old man pub and a pint of cider but sometimes it's just nice to get your glad rags on and go out dancing.  

So this skirt had to come out.  I've only worn it a handful a times, and I always feel so glam in it.  As I don't really like showing my legs it's perfect for me.  I 'm still wearing a skirt, and my pins are kinda on show (there is a short mini skirt that you can't really see in these pics), but they're not really on show, there is definitely something sexy about that, know what I mean?!

The top you have all seen before here, and again, this skirt has a high enough waist so that on this occasion I didn't need to wear a vest underneath, but just an FYI, I'm not normally one for getting my gut out..you don't need to see that!

So today is Thursday, which means it's nearly the weekend!!  Me and the boy are going out for afternoon tea, with a voucher we were given for our birthdays, and then we're going to the Vintage Festival on Southbank.  We went last year and it was really good, I'd recommend it to anyone's whose thinking about going.  Also, we didn't pay to get in, there was enough going on outside that we were kept entertained just with that!

I'm going to take the camera and get some shots, so I can do a post...and outside one, oh my! What are you all up to?! 

all about the girl
xx 

11 comments :

  1. I really like this skirt, I've been looking for the right maxi for so long. I'm going to check out Topshop now- Thanks
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great w this combo! i love it! have a great day, i will be out for night school in a while's time x The Nuliya

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great skirt, simple and will go with loads of things. I wear mine to work because I don't have to worry about flashing my pants haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how simple but still really lovely this outfit is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this skirt, really loving the maxis at the mo'. Totally relate to not going out so much. I used to be such a party girl but since settling down with my bf of 6 years and getting that tad older (27!) wow it sounds so old in print haha the days of clubbing are gone. But I agree it is so nice to get dolled up for a night on the town once in a while and go dancing!

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great outfit...I really want that tee! Looks great

    Danielle

    http://ablondestatement.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. woaa,love your outfit!
    would you mind to follow each other?

    http://mulanranagradis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a nice outfit! So much nicer than those people go out dancing with it all hanging out...much classier! Hannah xxx


    www.palindromepoppet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit! You have inspired me to get my maxi skirt out once in a while!
    Samma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute outfit, love the top x

    http://fashionxfades.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey hun I love your blog, great work. Come check out my blog, follow me and I’ll follow you back :) xx

    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...