pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 28 July 2012

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: pink eyes



I've had a few people on Twitter recently ask me what my 'trends on trial' are, so I thought I'd start this week with a little explanation, because I'm nice like that.

If you haven't read Stylist magazine before, then now's the time to start, it's my favourite mag, it's free (winner, winner, chicken dinner!) and it's really good!  Each week their beauty editor Joanna McGarry tries out the latest beauty looks, these may have been seen on the catwalk, or on the models of the latest launch...you get the picture.  These range from make up trends to fancy hair styles.  And I've decided to join her in her quest, and give them all a go too, for you lovely lot who are interested enough to read them.

You can see all my 'trends on trial' here, I've tried everything from the classic retro wave to metallic lips.  Some have been fun, some have been hard and some you will never see me wear again...ever.

And this week is...drum roll please...pink eyes!  If you follow me on Twitter you'll know my first impression was 'ok, this is easy enough to achieve, but not so easy to pull off'.  I don't really do eye shadow, let alone pink eye shadow. 

But of course I was going to give it a go.  The first hurdle I faced was that I don't really own any pink eye shadow, there's always the risk that you're going to end up looking like you've been crying, not a good look! Or, alternatively you end up with pink eyes, pink cheeks, pink lips and with my blonde hair...Barbie? Again, not a look I want to go for.  

Now, when I said I don't really own any pink eye shadow, I actually own a bright pink and a bright red Barry M Dazzle Dust...from Halloweens gone by, and I wasn't prepared to get those out....they usually end up all down my cheek!  


So, I had to use blusher, the things I do for you:





























The photos aren't really showing off the pink to it's full potential, so you'll have to take my word for it...it's bright, it's pink, and it's coming off as soon as I publish this post!


all about the girl
xx

P.S.  My hair is in dire need of a cut, I don't know what my fringe is doing in these pictures..so please excuse the mess!


P.P.S.  In other news, my sister had a baby yesterday, a little girl called Marnie Grace, but I have to wait a whole two weeks until I meet her.

24 comments :

  1. Oooch I'd be scared of looking like I'd been crying... Or worse, an eye infection!!!!
    Congratulations on the bubba news marnie grace is ever such a cut little name!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's why I was dubious, always that risk with pink! And thanks for the Congrats ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Pink eyeshadow does seem hard to pull off, I have a warm skintone so it definitely wouldn't work for me. Your hair looks lovely, I have a bit of fringe that has a mind of it's own too! Congratulations on becoming an Auntie, such a beautiful name...bet you can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't...only a week and half to go till I get to go and have a cuddle!! xx

      Delete
  3. aaw Marnie Grace is a lovely name :) I've never really worn pink but I've got one in a bobbi brown set that I never wear and you have inspired me to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, glad I've inspired you...would have thought I'd have put everyone off :) xx

      Delete
  4. Pretty ! x

    thisishearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marnie Grace what a beautiful beautiful name!!! My best friends sister has just had a little boy and she has called him Noah…some good baby-naming going on this month!!!

    When i read this title, i thought 'ooof pink eyes, brave!' and i think it looks actually okay. Its not really lovely and its not really awful, its somewhere in the middle!! You're brave to give it a go!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name Noah for a boy!!

      Thanks being honest, everyone else has said it looks nice, but I really don't think so...won't be wearing it out the house anytime soon that's for sure :) xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes think that pink eyeshadows are created for suckers like me who are weak for anything pink. Totally didn't try pink mascara in my teens *shifty eyes* There are some nice ones out there though.
    I think blushers tend to look better because they're designed to flatter skintones. I actually use a blusher as a base going further up towards my eyebrow but use a lighter tone on the actual lid. It creates a kind of soft, romantic look ^_^

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment...can't believe you rocked pink mascara, amazing!!

      Definitely agree about blushers, I just don't think pink can look good on your eyes? xx

      Delete
  8. Great idea for a blog feature!

    Congrats on the baby. Such a nice name.

    Http://www.twentyone08.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been a fan of pink eyeshadows, I just think they make your eyes look sore! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank-you for the comment my lovely, i have to say you suit pink oh so well.. and congratulations on the new addition to the family, such an adorable name you must be a proud sister!

    lots of love,

    lily from red brick lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I am a proud sister :) don't think I suit the pink though, but thanks for being polite, hehe xx

      Delete
  11. I actually think the pink looks nice on you! Pink is quite a hard eyeshadow to wear though.. Congratulations to your sister and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It's not one I'll be wearing any time soon again, but thanks and thanks for the Congrats :) xx

      Delete
  12. you have such amazing skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't it's just a good a camera :) xx

      Delete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...