pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 21 July 2012

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: the side parting



I wasn't going to do this week's trend on trial, I thought it was too similar to the last one I did (the low ponytail, that I hated!) and I wasn't convinced my hair was going to abide.  But, I got home on Thursday night after work and decided to give it a go, I also didn't want to let you lovely lot down.

Anyway, as expected, my hair really didn't want to abide.  I have a cow lick on both sides of my head which means the fact I can actually have a fringe pretty impressive, but trying to get my hair to lie flat from one side of my head to other?  Nope, never going to happen!

I also noticed that I have quite a low widows peak, I've never noticed this in my whole 27 years (just goes to show you learn something new everyday) so combining that with cow licks, I'm now amazed that I can actually do anything with my hair, other than shave it all off!

So anyway, back to the side parting.  Armed with an extra large can of hairspray, I then became determined to do this, I practically glued my fringe to my head at one point, and you can see from the pictures that it was trying hard to break free, but I managed to snap a couple of photos before it bounced back.




I loved the idea of this style, and Joanna described it as saying 'I'm just too busy reading Chomsky to allow my hair to get in the way", and as soon as I'd put mine up, that was exactly how I felt.  Like the literature student that I actually was (6 years ago, sigh!), but never reflected, the type that is always deep in thought, maybe writing poetry?  I'm getting a bit carried away now, but you get my drift. 
If I didn't have the hair quirks that I do, I'd definitely wear my hair like this again, but the effort that went into it really isn't worth it for what is essentially meant to be a 'I've just done my hair in 30 seconds' type style.

So what do you think? If you are able to successfully achieve this, then I am very jealous, damn my cow licks.  And I'm hoping next week will be a make up look, few too many hair posts recently!

all about the girl
xx

10 comments :

  1. it looks so nice! i have a cow lick too so i have to force my full fringe into being straight, it's hard work!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks lovely like this, my fringe is a pain too, in fact all my hair misbehaves! The fringe always grows out so fast -.-

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your hair like this, but i think it looks great both ways! the beauty of having a full fringe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This hair style really does suit you! Looks great and also love your eye makeup :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how it looks, you really suit it, buuuut i can just imagine as soon as you move, ping, that aint going to stay put with all the hairspray in the world!! Your lovely post made me laugh!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely on you, which is such a shame, as I have a cows lick, and know that as soon as you move, so will the hair :(
    Cows licks are such a pain in the arse haha

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really suits you! Looks lovely :)
    Natalie,
    xx

    www.insidethesecretcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your eye are out of this world :O

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have trouble with side partings too, but it does look lovely on you xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...