pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 19 July 2012

the big blow dry and the denman head hugger



So remember this post when I said I was going to do 7 things, one of those being 'learn how to blow dry my hair, properly' well I thought the time has come to let you know how I'm getting on with that.

Shortly after writing that post Denman got in touch with me asking if I'd like to review their Head Hugger Brush, of course I jumped at the chance, I needed all the help I could get!!  Especially when I read that it ' 'hugs' the contour of the head and provides extra volume and root-lift for mid to long-length hair', this is exactly what I wanted!

I've mentioned before that when it comes to technical hairstyles I find these relatively simple, but when it comes to the blow dry,  I am RUBBISH, yes the capitals were deserved there.  Anyway I was determined to stick to this, the rest of the 7 things I will update you on at a later date (just a heads up...I'm not doing so well with those ones!)

I've now had two attempts at the big blow dry, and slowly but surely I am getting there.  After attempt one I watched a few youtube videos to help me on my way.  My main issue is that I get bored, it takes me about 45 minutes to dry my hair like this, when normally I take 10!  This means that I just don't have the time on a weekday morning, so it's definitely a weekend hairstyle.  Also my arms get really, really sore.  I need to start doing press ups every day if I'm going to keep this up.

So anyway, I digress! Now, I'm not just saying this because Denman asked me to, their Head Hugger has definitely made life MUCH easier.  I knew I was going to get along with this brush because I already use their 'Row Styling Brush' every day when doing my hair normally.  My issue is I have problems co-ordinating my arms, so trying to hold a brush in place and drying at the same time is difficult.  And when I've attempted to use round hair brushes in the past my hair just gets totally tangled in them and I end up in knots.  However, the Denman does not do this,  I actually managed to get my hair wrapped round it, and then pull from the roots to the ends and it comes loose at the bottom.  AMAZING! 

Here is attempt numero uno, and yep I include a 'hair in motion' shot, oh yeah! I thought it'd be useful for you to see the brush, size and texture etc etc.  I admit, the first attempt wasn't great, my hair doesn't look THAT different other than the ends are slightly curled under, but this needs practice, and I'm getting there!
And here is attempt number two.  You can see I have a bit more volume at the roots, and I think my hair looks thicker.
I know I haven't got Cheryl Cole style volume...yet, but slowly but surely I think I'm getting there.  I'll update again in about a month's time and let you know how I'm doing.  And honestly, I really rate the 'Head Hugger' and with a bit more practice I think you'll be coming to me for tips (ha ,yeah right!).

all about the girl
xx


I just found out that Denman also have a Youtube channel where you can learn hairstyle tips, guess what I'm going to be doing this weekend!

10 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful post - I have an obsession with big round brushes. Your hair looks gorgeous and I love your fringe.

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, good result!
    I wanna learn how to blow dry for a result like Kate Middleton or Adele (volume and curled tips kind of thing)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great result. Loving your fringe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is gorgeous! I think the Babyliss volume drying brish is the best thing for a good blow dry! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so time consuming drying hair properly, the brush looks fantastic though! Would love to try one of these, my brushes are a bit too small I think. Will definitely be checking this out! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out lovely! Will definitely be keeping an eye out for these brushes!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to buy these. Babyliss Big Hair is fab too!

    Laura xo
    www.whatlauradid.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your hair looks gorge! and yes you need a bralet in your life check the motel section in the asos sale! xx

    thanks for the comment on my blog!
    XOXO, BECCA
    http://www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is so gorgeous!! I would love my hair to look like this is so nice!
    Natalie,
    xxx
    www.insidethesecretcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. think i may have to try this! great review.. thanks for sharing!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...