pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Sunday, 15 July 2012

weekend wishlist #14 - inspired by edie



After Friday's post on Edie Sedgwick, I decided to do a weekend wishlist inspired by her style.  I thought it would also be quite fitting as this is a trend that looks like we may be seeing more of, judging by Topshop's latest 'Factory Girl' collection.


I love the look, it's very classic and timeless, and so simple to achieve.  In fact, I might empty my wardrobe and start again sticking to this type of style.  

1. I am a big fan of hats, and this floppy number is so chic.  Plus it's Biba so Edie probably even owned her own Biba version!
2. Of course, this bag is taken from their latest collection and of course I want it, need I say more?
3.  Ok, I know that I rave about Dahlia all the time, but this was genuinely a coincidence.  I searched for 'black shift dress' on ASOS, and this came up, and it's perfect.  I could definitely imagine Edie wearing this forty years ago, and I would really rather like to wear it now.
4.  She was well known for rocking the breton stripe, and I'm sure she would have worn this with her staple black tights!
5.  Now I have no idea what Edie would have worn on her feet, knee high boots maybe? But these sandals are too cute, I want a pair and I'm pretty sure she would have done too.
6.  Again, she was known for her chandelier earrings, I on the other hand am not a chandelier earring type, so instead I compromised.  These earrings have a very art deco 60s feel about them, so it would have been rude not to include them, right?
7.  And finally, how perfect is this trench? Too bad it's only available in petite, but I love the fur collar and the green shade.  Another Edie classic.

So do you think I've managed to perfect the Edie look? Anything I've missed that should have been added?  And are you going to embrace the Factory Girl style? I know I am!

all about the girl
xx

10 comments :

  1. when I think of Edie I always think of little black hotpants and tights :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely :) she rocked the hotpants, unfortunately I can't, haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh, this post is lovely, I definitely think you've managed to capture 'factory girl' style, although I have to admit, whenever I think of Edie Sedgwick, I think of houndstooth prints almost automatically! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right!! And leopard print, it's difficult cos' everything is floral summer dresses at the mo :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love this wishlist and the wedges

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they, think I'll have to get myself a pair :) xx

      Delete
  4. in love with the peter pan collar shift dress - I'm a huge dahlia fan. Great outfit combo! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Dahlia, I really really want that dress, so perfect! Thanks for checking it out :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love that Dahlia dress. Primark are doing a similar version for £13 which could be a good temporary fix until pay day? I'll tweet you a pic, I picked one up this weekend and it's lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, especially the flatforms that are so unbelievably trendy right now, and the Dahlia dress (I have a similar one from New Look but the collar is larger and it's navy)
    http://www.bandasaur.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...