pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Monday, 23 July 2012

yellow dress and rhubarb cupcakes



First things first, apologies for the lack of weekend wishlist this weekend, but I was just enjoying the sunshine too much.  It's probably going to be the only sun we get this Summer so I just couldn't afford to miss it.

But, the good news is, I finally braved the great outdoors and got the boy to take some pictures, and I'm really pleased with them.  So, these may be the first of more to come, I hope!

I had a really lovely weekend, I spent Friday night having drinks with friends, then on Saturday there was a Blues festival in the park opposite my flat, £5 entry and you could take your own drink (result!) so we spent the afternoon chilling out and sipping on cider.  Then yesterday I just enjoyed the sun some more, and baked!!






Shoes - Office


Apologies for the picture heavy post, but I was just really excited that I actually had some taken outside, and I really like them! They are so much better than my indoor ones with the really bad lighting.

And now for the best bit, this weekend I baked.  I love baking but I don't do it very often, or often enough.  At friend at work gave me some rhubarb FROM HER GARDEN!! And so I thought it would only be polite to make something with the rhubarb that I could then take to work to say thank you...yep, I'm nice like that!

So, here they are RHUBARB and CUSTARD CUPCAKES.  




This is the recipe if you're interested, and I would recommend them, the only change I would make is more rhubarb...too subtle for my taste!

So what did you lovely lot get up to? Anyone else a regular baker with rhubarb? I've still got lots left in the freezer so need more suggestions.

all about the girl
xx


I forgot to mention, you might recognise this yellow dress, I featured it here also!

22 comments :

  1. Love the dress, it's so cute and summery! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yellow dress ;)

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dress and those cupcakes look so yum!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing photos. love your dress :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you got some lovely photos outside, the lighting is just right!
    We had loads of rhubarb in my garden when we moved it but had to dig it up because my dog tried to eat it and it isn't good for dogs :( I love the stuff especially in a crumble and Nigella had a great rhubarb schnapps recipe in one of her books but I round the recipe here http://www.allconsuming.com.au/2007/11/ode-to-nigella-17-rhubarb-schnapps/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't describe how much I love this dress <3 wowwwowowo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress and those cakes look sooo good! Definitely need to try them out myself
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the dress, as well as the cupcakes :) Darling photos! xo, Megs

    princess.hippie.love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics turned out fab!!!! You should def do more outside-y posts…if this lovely weather lasts!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your dress, it's so summery and pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress, beautiful cupcakes. I love rhubarb it's the taste of summer for me. Yellow is such a happy colour, really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is so pretty!! A bit Zoe Deschanel like :) Love your blog.

    Emily xx

    recipesandreviews.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are gorgeousss, that yellow dress looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. CHECK OUT MY BLOG !! : http://fashioninmysteps.blogspot.com.es/
    Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the new blog design!!! And those cupcakes look soooo yummy!

    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new blog, and those pictures look lush! The dress is cute! Well done on the cupcakes! I envy people who can bake, I am totally clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks .Good shares.Good dress.

    My Fashion Blog
    http://satinfan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a fan of rhubarb but I'm sure these cupcakes could persuade me to change my mind. They look LUSH!! I may have a go at baking them at the weekend :) Lovely dress as well by the way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute in sunny mellow yellow! And what a great way to return a kind turn, by doing something even kinder. Personally, I bloody love rhubarb, me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Them cakes look so yummy :) Do you think i could use some other fruit rather than rhubarb??
    http://brightershade2107.blogspot.co.uk/

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...