pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

going to the chapel outfit post

This weekend I was at a wedding so I thought I'd do you the honours (for better or for worse, geddit?!) of showing you my outfit.  All of last week I wasn't convinced I liked this dress anymore, I bought it for a wedding in November and had only worn it the once, so I felt I couldn't really justify buying myself a new one.  Especially as there was no-one at this wedding that had been at the last one, but I'm only female and if we can have an excuse for buying a new dress then we will.


Anyway, I realised that I actually couldn't justify buying a new dress, and actually I do really rather like this one. It's another Dahlia number, I really think it's about time they started giving me a loyalty discount...feel free to start a campaign on Twitter for that, I honestly won't mind!  























Dress - Dahlia
Shoes - seen here with explanation where they're from!
Headband - Boots (yeah, I was impressed too)

Excuse the 'squashed' in a corner photos, this was our hotel room and there wasn't a lot of space...but I think it adds a certain 'je nais se quoi', I actually couldn't think of how to end that sentence, so thanks to the French for the perfect 'I don't know what'.

I actually styled my hair with my new GHD mini stylers, that I won (amazing, right?) as part of a competition that Jen from A Beauty Junkie in London was posting, with this post. This was the first time I used them, and it took me a while to get used to the smaller ones, but I like how my hair turned out, plus they're perfect for my fringe.

If you're all wedding obsessed like me (don't tell the boy) I'm sure you're actually more interested in seeing the bride's dress than mine...don't worry, I won't be offended, so I thought I'd sneak one in for you, I hope she doesn't mind:


The bride looked beautiful, as did the bridesmaids, and I'd like to think I scrubbed up pretty well!

all about the girl
xx


44 comments :

  1. Reeeeally nice hair indeed! And that headband is gorgeous too!
    Such a beautiful bride, congrats to the newly weds!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is LOVELY I'm so glad you gave it another chance! And the colour looks perfect on you! The bride looks stunning too, I hope you all had a great day! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, yeah I feel much happier it in in these pics than the first time I wore, so glad I stuck with it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great post !

    3 words LOVE YOUR STYLE :)

    I'm an instant follower of you now :)

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    p.s Check out my first Rire Boutique Giveaway !! :)
    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, love this comment, thank you, much appreciated :) xx

      Delete
  4. Love your hair in this post, be great to see a review/ tutorial of the GHDS :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, never done a tutorial before, will have to have a think about that, if not a tutorial I will definitely try and do a review :) xx

      Delete
  5. aww, you look so sweet!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing, so does the bride :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the bride looks really lovely :) xx

      Delete
  7. The pink-coral of this dress really suits you. Your hair looks wonderful too. I also really like the jeweled head band you're wearing. The whole look is so pulled together and fabulous for a wedding!

    The bride also looks stunning!

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, still can't believe the headband was from Boots! xx

      Delete
  8. That is such a beautiful dress, you look fabulous in it :) I love the colour!
    Rache, xo
    >> livefoodlove.blogspot.co.uk <<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's actually a slightly more corally colour than it comes off in these pics but hey ho :) xx

      Delete
  9. Looking beautiful. That colour really suits you and the headband is cute too :) Nothing like a good wedding as an excuse to get dressed up :)

    Stunning bride too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely, any excuse to get dolled up :) xx

      Delete
  10. oh wow, you look adorable indeed! you are so beautiful. i really like this post. i'm not that obsessed with weddings, but i really can't wait to mine (if it ever happens) and all planning thing and stuff <3 .
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slightly concerned I may turn into Bridezilla, I do hope I get the chance one day :) xx

      Delete
  11. Such a pretty dress - I love putting an outfit together for a wedding xx

    http://talesfromthedressingupbox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, it's so fun, and I so rarely dress up these days :) xx

      Delete
  12. So pretty, what a perfect wedding outfit

    ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I liked your blog, it looks interesting! I offer you my sincere friendship!=)
    I will follow you via Bloglovin;) I love to support interesting bloggers! ^^
    I am on Bloglovin: Kisses From Europe
    Love&kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks so pretty!!! You like like a barbie doll loll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I wish I looked like a barbie doll, but thanks :) xx

      Delete
  15. I love that dress, it's a lovely colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers my dear! Good ol' Dahlia comes to the rescue! xx

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous outfit, really like the colour of that dress and it really suits you - The bride looks lovely also! I'm photographing a wedding this weekend with my boyfriend who is the pro haha, can't wait - love weddings :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look fab my dear, really suit the colour too!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! love that pink! & the bride is gorgeous! Hope she had a wonderful day! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, I'm sure she will have enjoyed it and she looked perfect! xx

      Delete
  19. you look absolutely gorgeous!! love the fringe and embellished headband, sets off the dress. the colour is fab on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. really beautiful dress and the bride looked amazing! Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did didn't she? Hope I look like that one day! xx

      Delete
  21. Love the colour of your dress and the bride is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So feel free to comment away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...