pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 11 September 2012

aztec and aviators outfit post


The old ones are the best, right? And this dress is one of those.  I bought this River Island dress two summers ago and it's still one of my favourites.  It's an odd one because whenever I've showed it to people, not on my body (as in, on a hanger) I've always had a shrug of the shoulders 'it's ok' kind of response, but when I wear it (brag coming up!) I get lots of compliments...I just don't know what to make of that!

So London was lucky enough to have beautiful weather this weekend, yep 20 plus degrees, so I decided to make the  most of this weather, get my pins and shades out and embrace it for 48 hours.  I conveniently have a huge and beautiful park opposite my house, which is where you can usually find me on sunny days, and on winter days too when the snow comes out to play.

Dress - River Island
Sunglasses - H&M

There's something about this dress that feels almost Aztec-like,  which makes me feel right on trend for this season (which makes a change!) I just wish I'd tucked my bra straps in for these pictures.

Oh, and check out my super straight hair, can you tell these pictures were taken just after I'd done my Trend on Trial post

Anyway, back to dreary weather, grey days and Monday blues, luckily I've got Sunday's sunny outfit pictures to post too so at least I can pretend like we've had one more day of sun!

all about the girl
xx

P.S. These sunglasses have since been thrown away (sob sob), I realised they were rusty and had cracks in the glass...has anyone seen any similar (and cheap?) I can replace them with?

15 comments :

  1. H&M, though you might have missed them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I think you look SO much like Kate Bosworth in these photos? So cute, so chic.

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, and this dress is SO pretty.

    Definitely get what you mean about things looking not so fabulous on the hanger, you've obviously got a great eye ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress is so pretty!
    and ye, those are one really great sunnies! hope you find them again ;)



    xo

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of that dress! It is quite aztec-y and very summery :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such gorgeous hair & aviators really suit you. You're making me miss my fringe!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely gorgeous! Such a lovely print. The aviators really suit you as well :)
    Beauty for Biochemists

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the aviators, they really suit your face shape. Shameless plug but i know we have some (limited mind you) pairs of aviators in Accessorize….you could try a london branch? They might just not be out anymore as winter has taken over lol. But they def didnt all go in the sale xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute - so cute that the sunnies are dead though! they looked great on you!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO SAD! oh my gosh not cute! why would I type that? sorry.

      Delete
  10. Looking lovely. I got my aviators for H&M, they were only £5, they might have some left :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHEalth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sunnies!!!!!

    Www.mrsdandcandybows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous dress, the print is so lovely and it suits you so much!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress is stunning! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...