pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Friday, 14 September 2012

nivea express hydration primer


Somehow, I’m not really sure how, I’ve got myself on Cosmopolitan’s panel for trialling products (completely unblog related as it’s through my personal email).  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining, in fact, the total opposite, it’s amazing! They send me an email asking if I want to try out a product, I say yes, it arrives in the post, I use it, fill in a questionnaire and Bob’s your uncle!

So I’d like to introduce you to the product that has changed my life, ok, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but honestly it’s my new favourite product.  Please welcome Nivea’s Express Hydration Primer.  The product is described ‘an exciting innovation that brings moisture and priming benefits together. The Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer has a double action formula which can be used to provide a smooth base for make-up application, or can simply be used as a hard working moisturiser for long-lasting hydration. 

I went for the Normal to Combination formula (there is also a Dry to Sensitive option) and let me tell you, it is true to it’s word.  I’ve used it every day since I received it last week, and I don’t see me looking back anytime soon.

It’s a lovely smooth texture which absorbs into my skin easily, it smells amazing, apparently the ‘Normal to Combination’ formula is made up of lotus extract, but I can only explain it has having an almost cucumber-like, really fresh scent to it.  It’s incredibly moisturising, but blends into your skin quickly so you can apply your make up soon after application.

I’m currently using Chanel Lumiere Foundation (it’s no EsteeLauder Double Wear) which I do like, but I don’t feel it has much staying power.  With Nivea’s Primer underneath I feel like my make up still looks bright and in place at the end of the day.  And just to rave about it even more, it makes my skin look really flawless.  Nivea’s experts say that it can also be used on it’s own to give ‘smooth glowy base’.  I’d like to say I’d give this a go, but I’m not one for going make-up free!


And the best news?! It’s only £4.99 and goes on sale in Tesco and Superdrug today, so GO GO GO!

Please rest assured that I was not sponsored/asked/bribed or paid to write this review, and just genuinely think this is a really great primer!!




I do normally like to accompany a product review with a picture of the product in use, but you can't really see this in use so I chose not to bother.  Also, apologies for the quality of my pictures, me and product pictures just don't seem to work...I think I need more practice.

So what do you think, will you guys be trying this out?

all about the girl
xx

11 comments :

  1. Ooh I really want to try this! It sounds like it would save a lot of time and hassle in the mornings! And it's in Tesco today? *off I go to Tesco* :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am buying this today. I have to say I am a huge fan of Nivea products they are timeless and I haven't really found a product of theirs I don't like. I have tried a number of primers so I will definitely be trying this! Great post and congrats on getting the opportunity for cosmopolitan! x

    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been on the hunt for a product that can hydrate my skin but also works as a primer. I will need to keep an eye out for this!



    http://facethiscity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! I've been on the hunt for a good primer for ages, thank you for posting about it!

    http://beasfashioncircus.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to get my hands on this but sadly I can't find it anywhere in Germany which is so weird as I thought Nivea was a german brand! Have to stick with my porefessional I guess :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There , I stumbled upon this in Superdrug the other day when I went to get my Nivea night cream. It wasn't on special offer like the other Nivea products, but since I was shopping around for a good primer anyway I thought I'd give it a whirl ...
    Been using it for two days so far and really am starting to like it. I have an oily t-zone and some uneven skin / skin tone on both cheeks due to teenage acne scarring ( i'm now 39) anyway , this primer really goes on nice and smooth ( make sure your face is well exfoliated). The primer is a lovely cool clear gel like consistency , reminded me of an Olay product i used to use a while ago. Glides onto skin and soakes in really well without any greasy feeling at all. I have been applying it as soon as I get out the shower, then I potter about getting dressed etc and by the time I'm done the primer is nice and dry. All I do on top of that is wear my mineral powder - and the last two days my makeup has stayed put all day almost , all i needed was a slight blot on the nose around middday yesterday , however today I applied more primer to the nose area and no shine yet at all and its lunch time. I've also noticed that the powder foundation is still looking bright , not turning darker and oxidising as the day progresses. It's early days yet , but def seems like a good new product ...give it a try , perhaps not for camouflage as such but def for smooth surface and reduction of oil through the day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was lucky enough to get it through the Cosmo trial too (like you, don't quite remember signing up for it) and amazed at how good it is. Here's my review just submitted to the Superdrug website -

    I was lucky enough to be sent this product to trial for Cosmo magazine. I'm never one for primers/bases so didn't expect to think much of it. Couldn't have been more wrong! I've been using this for the last two weeks and it really is excellent. Absorbs almost immediately, makes your skin feel fresh and make-up glides on over the top - that's if you want to wear make-up with it as it makes you glow without! Definitely a good buy and amazed it's only £4.99.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Nivea Express Hydration Primer. I have extremely dry skin and it hydrates beautifully. I use Clairol Skin Illusion foundation on top of this and my makeup looks fantastic 10 hours later. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When can we buy this in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, I was so sceptical as primers NEVER work for me and I got a sample and now I'm a believer! This is great and lasted (kept me shine free) more than 12 hours (I used it without foundation without flaking or drying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried this Nivea Express Hydration Primer but have had mixed results. I found the cream worked well as a moisturiser, but the primer didn't keep my make up in place :(

    Find out more in my review: http://newwithhashtags.co.uk/nivea-express-hydration-primer/


    New With Hashtags
    www.newwithhashtags.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...