pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Friday, 21 September 2012

orange and brown and an old fashioned print outfit post

It feels a bit odd posting these Summery outfit posts now that it seems to be Autumn but I didn't want good outfit photos to go to waste!  And they were only taken last Sunday when London had a last blast attempt at Summer.
Top - Topshop
Shorts - Warehouse
Hat - H&M
Sunglasses - Primark

This top is OLD, I mean really old.  I bought it in my student days (ahem, 6 years ago!), in fact I wore it the evening I went out for my graduation meal (at 60 Hope Street, for any Liverpool readers out there) and as I was leaving I remember the waitress asking me where it was from.  It actually just ties at the back so is  pretty much backless but I forget to get a photo of that, d'oh!
I really love the print, I feel it has a Orla Kiely, 70s feel about it, and I can imagine my mum would have worn dresses out of prints like this back in her hey-day!  Orange and brown aren't normally colours I would go for, but they work so well together, and I guess with colours like this and styled correctly this top could take me from Summer to Winter.  Any suggestions what I would wear it with to make it a bit more Autumnal?!

I'm a real Winter girl at heart so I can't wait for it to be officially scarves, gloves and hats time of year.  But for now, I thought you could all cling on to Summer with these photos...

I hope you don't mind!

all about the girl
xx

Speaking of Orla Kiely,  have you seen her latest collection in Uniqlo? Has anyone purchased one of the dresses, I'm really loving them but not sure smock style suits me.....!


17 comments :

  1. This is such a cute, summery outfit, I love that hat!
    I'm not enjoying the weather getting cooler but I do prefer a/w clothes so it's not all bad!

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat, it suits you so well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice summery outfit

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely summery outfit, wish it was still summer- definitely a summer girl :)
    Daniella x
    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that pattern, very retro feel!

      Delete
  5. aw cute hat! love the outfit :) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that vintage looking top x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. orange & brown together remind me of the 70s too! I say remind, I wasn't actually alive then...you know what I mean. Pretty print xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the print!! You look lovely.

    You could stick a brown tshirt under it and wear it with shorts, brown tights and boots?! And maybe a really chunky cardi….ah i cannot wait for autumn!!!!!!xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit esp. the shirt. I wish I looked good in hats... I'm your newest follower, please check out my blog and follow me too if you like it :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that top, the colours are fab x

    beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that retro print on that top :) and I really like your hat too (I'm a bit obsessed with hats :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that top so much, the print is gorgeous! :) would you like to follow eachother? xx

    http://cositsthebeesknees.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all well and good to post those back logged photos; I sure do ;) Looking cute girl!

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit. Especially the top. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...