pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 1 September 2012

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: grey blusher

I instantly knew that I wasn't going to get on with this week's Trend on Trial.  As if I'm not pale enough without the addition of grey blusher to enhance the 'dead' look.  However, not one to give up on a challenge I gave it a go, especially as Joanna seemed to really embrace it.  

This look was seen on the catwalks of Chanel, along with embellished brows, and of course the lovely flawless models rocked the look.  I, on the other hand, did not.


So, to achieve the look I decided to wear a matching silver eye, I thought it might add to the ice queen impression.  I also went minimal everywhere else, hey, maybe I should have gone for sequin studded eyebrows and I might have a much more positive attitude.

It was surprisingly easy to achieve, not being a make up artist, when it comes to shading, I don't really know what I'm doing, but I followed Joanna's lead, used a soft brush and swept from ear to the edge of my mouth.  I must admit that the chiselled cheekbones I like.  I'm not used to seeing my chubby cheeks look so defined.
But the rest of it? I don't know if it's because my skins not great at the moment anyway, and it's looking a bit pale and sallow but I just think this emphasises the lack of colour (or flush you might say) in my cheeks.  I could imagine people eyeing me curiously trying to work out if I've put my make up on in the dark and used my eyeshadow on my cheeks (which I did do, by the way) or if I'm on my way to an audition to play a zombie.

This one is not for me, but I can see the appeal.  What do you think? Will you be rocking grey blush this season? 

all about the girl
xx

20 comments :

  1. Good on you for being brave enough to try it! It looks almost like bruising, Im also incredibly pale so doubt it would look much better on me! Would love it if you could take a look at my blog -
    http://lucy-abigail.blogspot.co.uk/
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in the name of blogging, haha!

      I will check your link out, thanks hun :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love this idea bht i wouldnt imagine it would be an easy thing to pull off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, no it's not, I dont think anyone could?! xx

      Delete
  3. I think a warmer taupey grey might do the job! But I don't think I could go for the true grey colour..! Definitely something that should stay on the catwalk I think! Your eyes look stunning by the way Caroline :)

    Robyn Mayday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely won't as it may just look silly on my skin (unless it was a really DARK grey lol) however I love the effect it has on those with lighter skin tones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It looks good on the models, but definitely not on me!! xx

      Delete
  5. To be honest, never in a million years will I try this unless I'm going to a Halloween party haha :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, I think I've actually rocked this for a Halloween party before!! xx

      Delete
  6. I'd be too scared of it making me look ill or gaunt! Their eyebrows look crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too, I'm pale enough without grey blusher!! xx

      Delete
  7. Brave!!!!! I dont like it, but massive points for giving it a go, its so easy to get complacent with makeup…like me…i live in my rosey cheeks, its my thing. I could never go grey….bleurrrggghh lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks, I dont think anyone could ever go grey, it's just wrong!! xx

      Delete
  8. Hahah great post! Change the photo to black and white and you will look amaze. XXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh great tip! Thanks lovely, then no-one can see its grey? hah! xx

      Delete
  9. I love the look on the models, but i dont think anyone else can rock this look! I like it that you're tried it haha! Unfortunately, this is a trend, i think, we should all skip. Blush is to add colour to the face, not to make you look more pale!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep totally agree, and of course the models rock it...they always do! :(

      Delete
  10. I'm not sure I could pull of grey blusher!

    Abi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone can, can they?! :) xx

      Delete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...