pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 22 September 2012

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: the khaki eye

You may have noticed that khaki is everywhere at the moment, and I'm hoping to join the ranks and be the proud owner of camo jacket sometime in the near future (yes, I am a bandwagon jumper!).  So it's no surprise that khaki has hit the runway sweeped over the eyes of the models.


So this week's Trend on Trial is khaki eyes, now I was so convinced that I would rate this look that I actually went out to treat myself to a new khaki eye palette, but unfortunately my little local Boots only stocked bright green shadows, not the look I was going for. Instead, I made do.  I actually found, hidden at the back of my make up drawer, a 'jungle green' Rimmel eyeliner, no idea how long I have owned it for, and not the type of product I'd normally use...and, to all you makeup snobs, I wouldn't normally use a years-old product, but sometimes needs must.

It hadn't even occurred to me that khaki may look bruise like, until I read Joanna's feature, and then added my first stroke of eye shadow...it wasn't looking good.  But I persevered, and I actually really like the finished look.  If you're a regular reader of my Trend on Trial's then you'll know I'm not a coloured eyeshadow fan, remember the blue?


The best thing about this look was that I felt I didn't have to lose my beloved black eyeliner!  It's definitely going to be a look I think I will re-create, and it's been a while since I've said that about one of the Trend make up looks!

So what do you think? Will you be giving khaki eyes a go?

all about the girl
xx

7 comments :

  1. I love reading your Trend on Trial posts, I like this one because you can create a smoky eye look, but with a splash of colour, really suits you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone nuts for khaki too, and have also decided that I desperately need some khaki eye make up in my life! There's an Urban Decay eyeliner pencil that looks fantastic, but for the time being I'm making do with what I've got and trying to create my own smudgey liner....if you're after a good khaki shade shadow you should try MUA. I got a single eyeshadow there that's an amazing colour, but it's a bit glittery to apply :( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really lovely on you and I love the eyeliner xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really suit this, def rock it again!! When you get that khaki jacket! (im thinking payday treat :)) It really opens up your eyes and brings out the colour. Not that i am saying your eyes neeeed that to done to them….you know what i mean! It looks super duper xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new reader of your blog.And I like the khaki eyes you show this time.Green Turquoise Beads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely on you! Not sure I'll be trying it myself though, I can only wear really neutral shades because I have a rubbish skin tone x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...