pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

a change is coming...



So today I have some exciting news to share, it will bear no impact on any of you lot and I’m sure 99.9% of you probably won’t even care. But to me, it’s a pretty big deal. Me and the boy are leaving London, and moving back to our little old home town of Carlisle. 

It’s been in the pipeworks since Augusst (well actually a couple of years) but we decided for definite in Summer, and it’s now official…work is told, our flat lease is coming to an end and we’ve started packing up boxes. I’ve got 8 days left at work (not that I’m counting or anything) and we are having a big leaving party in London. Then we are making the 6 hour drive up in a van full of all our wordly goods. 

I know a lot of people might wonder why I would want to move back to little old Carlisle, but it’s my home, it’s where my family are (and my new nieces), it’s where the boy’s family are…and, we can actually buy a house! A whole house, not just a studio flat with an hour commute from where we live. 

I’m not sure yet what I’m going to do for work…so if anyone would like to pay me to do some internet related stuff, then that would be lovely. If any of you randomly happen to know of Cumbrian based jobs too, then give me a shout. But for now, I’m going to enjoy Christmas, enjoy our trip to Thailand (more on that coming soon) and look forward to starting our new life together. 

I’m just a bit disappointed as I’ve recently been starting to get invites to London based blogging events, ah well….

all about the girl
xx

P.S. The photo above was taken at our Christmas Party last week...thankfully the dodgy tash is now gone!

8 comments :

  1. aw good luck with the move :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the move must be lovely to be moving back home to all your families xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thats fab news!!!!! You sound really happy, i am really pleased for you both i hope the move up and everything all goes okay - i am sure you will settle back in fine ;)

    Im no job hunting wizard, but i will keep my eyes peeled just incases! Lotsv love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS exciting news! Best of luck with the move and make sure you keep up the blogging! xxx

    South Molton St Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the move all goes well! I'm quite a homebody and I love living so close to my family, so I can understand that aspect of it completely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats exciting news! I did exactly the same thing a few years ago, I lived in London for 5 years and moved home to Carlisle and it seriously is the best decision I ever made. Carlisle is like a magnet! All my old school friends went away to uni and moved off around the country, all back now! I am a million times happier up here, it is a different world to London, yeah London is exciting and lots going on, but its also big, scary and lonely! Carlisle is WAY better! haha. Hope you are successful in finding a job soon, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. No I can't imagine there are too many big blogger events in Carlisle, but I bet it's a great place to live, it's a really lovely bit of the world!
    I like to be near family too and somewhere I can afford to buy a house!
    Good luck with the move and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let us buy sexy dresses for big day. So many stunning dresses here. which dress should you choose for party?
    emilygowns cheap party dress for women reviews
    emilygowns prom dresses black and white reviews
    emilygowns lil girl pagent prom dresses reviews
    http://www.emilygowns.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...