pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Monday, 2 December 2013

a little bit of lace



I've never really been a big one of shopping in M&S! 
Lingerie? Tick  
Food? Tick 
Presents for the 'rents? Tick 

Party dress for me? Erm...maybe not.

I knew M&S had really pulled their fingers out in the last few years, upping the ante, and trying to target a younger generation, and I must admit I think they've been doing well.  But it's only really been this year that I've actually sat up and taken note.  It helps that this years Christmas advert has to the best advert...ever (eat your heart out John Lewis!), but M&S really have hit the nail on the end, who doesn't want that cream dress after seeing Rosie HW prancing about in the snow in it?

Their new AW13 range has embraced this Season's trends, and all my favourites...lace, tartan, leather to name a few.  So when I was asked if I wanted to review one of their new pieces and showcase how I will be wearing it, I was very willing to accept the challenge.

After much deliberation, and I mean much, I settled on a simple black lace dress, knowing that I'd be able to wear it over and over again, it's already front runner for Christmas Day!

I always think lace generally speaks for itself, it's best not to over-style it but I knew I wanted to add a slightly rockier edge.  So by adding the chunky buckle boots (my new, most favourite things ever!) and a plum lip, keeps the look in line with my own style, but still fully embracing the lace trend.

Dress* - M&S
Boots - New Look

I really think this dress is a dream, it fits perfectly, it's really good quality (I'd expect nothing less M&S) and I think it'll be hanging around for much longer than just this Winter!

And given that I've got numerous Christmas parties this year, it makes sense to go and check out this little cream number? I'll look just like RHW, right?

3 comments :

  1. Well, I think this dress looks fantastic on you, and you've styled it up inkeeping with your usual style.
    I think I was brought up loving m&S because my Nan is such a big fan, but I have thought that recently they are upping their game a bit when it comes to wearable party outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks gorgeous, you can tell even from the photos that it's made of good quality material! Lucky you for being able to try it out!

    Holly xxx
    www.alongcamehollyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit, both the shoes and dress are gorgeous :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...