pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 21 January 2014

a healthy life - week 2


Well that's 2 weeks gone by now, and I'm pleased to say I'm still sticking to it (Yes, it really is that rare for me to keep going this long!) I've lost another pound, which is 3 and a half in total, and I'm feeling motivated enough to stick at it.

Now don't get my wrong, it's not easy...whilst I'm chomping on an apple, the boy is making up for all these 'low calorie' meals by eating chocolate bars, and I've sat and stared longingly!

On Saturday night, I fell off the wagon slightly, but we had friends round, which involved cider, pizza, champagne, pretzels and chocolate! A few ciders in and it wasn't so easy to resist the goodies, but I am pleased to say I managed to resist the Quality Streets! But I think the evening certainly contributed to my 1 lb weight loss, rather than 2 lbs this week!

As a result of this, I've decided to set myself small and achievable goals to keep me going.  In three weeks I'm heading to Manchester to meet some friends I haven't seen for a while, I'd like to have lost another 3.5 lbs by then to have reached my half a stone goal.  That's a lb a week, I know it's going to get harder, but I have something fairly achievable to work towards.

I'm always looking to places for  more guidance/motivation.  I regularly read Lydia's blog, her posts are great for telling the truth, and being realistic!  I mean she's an exercise machine, and far far away from where I'm starting, but she focuses on being healthy, not skinny!  She points out obvious things like, have a cheat day on Sunday, so you're ready to start a fresh on Monday, rather than a Friday so you end up having a cheat weekend...can she read my mind? 

I've got a picture of 'healthy' woman on my desk, so when I'm craving sugar, I reach for the fruit instead.  And next week, I'm going to buy some trainers (OMG!), I've only owned Converse for the last three years, so now I can start moving my ass.

And finally, I'm still going with the 30 Day Ab and Squat Challenge, but my god, is the Abs Challenge hard! I'm on Day 15, and really going to have to just stay at this level for a while, is any one else having problems moving on so quickly, and got any suggestions??

And to end this post...here's a picture of a vegetable I bought this week (hehe!)


1 comment :

  1. I can't wait to start doing the abs challenge, it looks really good and I could do with the motivation. I think I'm going to start that on fresh in February. Well I may start a couple of days before so that I can seee my results at the end of the month (hopefully).

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...