pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Thursday, 9 January 2014

goodbye 2013....hello 2014!

I know there's a lot of these posts floating around in the blogging ether right now, but I figured I couldn't end last year without a little round up.  

2013 was quite possibly the biggest year of my life.  In 2012 the boy and I made the big decision to leave London (after 5 years) and move back up North.  So last December we packed up our bags, and made the long drive back home.  And then brought in the New Year, very jet lagged, in Bangkok!

3 weeks later, I started my new job.  In May, the boy turned 30.  In July, we go the keys to our first house.  August was mainly spent painting.  November we treated ourselves to a few days in New York.  And December? We got engaged!

It's fair to say...it's been a big year!

Now I'm not generally one for New Year's Resolutions...in fact, I've never made any because I know I'll inevitably give them up within a few weeks, but 2014 is going to be different.  Firstly, I would like it to be a little calmer, and secondly I've only gone and made two new year resolutions:

1.  I'm going to get fit and healthy - on more than one occasion on this blog, I have vowed that I am going to lose weight...it has yet to happen.  So I'm tackling this differently.  I want to get fit.  A couple of weeks ago, I was running a bit late to an appointment, so I ran for probably no more than 60 seconds...I thought I was going to die! At the tender age of 28, I really think something should be done about this.  From now on, I'm going to eat healthily and aim to up my fitness levels.  And hopefully, a little weight loss will follow.

2.  I'm going to get my blog back on.  2013 I have neglected this space a little.  I was without a photographer for 6 months, and now he spends half the week in London.  So I'm going to be a bit more creative...I can take my own photos, selfies right?? I'm going to bring back Trend on Trial (my favourite posts) and I'm going to be organised, you know, forward planning on all that!

Plus, I've got a wedding to start writing about!

So to help me in my quest, feel free to let me know what you'd like to see more of, encourage my fitness regime, post links to healthy recipes..and plan my wedding with me? 

1 comment :

  1. I'll be no good with the wedding planning, but congratulations, and I'll be reading along with the fitness posts, I'm always trying to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...