pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

a healthy life - week 4



Let's just bury this week and pretend it never happened, right? 

Ok, I'm being a bit melodramatic, this week started well.  Knowing I had a big night on Saturday, I remained really focused all week, calorie counting and staying on track.  Then Saturday night happened.  And Guiness Cake happened.  Oh, and the baking of Guiness Cake happened, which seemed to involve a lot of bowl licking.  And then the left over Guiness Cake on Sunday, Monday and a slither on Tuesday also happened. 

 And I'm holding said Guiness Cake fully accountable for my measly half a pound weight loss this week.  I know, half a pound is still better than nothing, and I shouldn't be so negative.  But earlier in the week, I'd had a cheeky mid-week weigh-in.  Not something I usually advocate, as I think a weekly weigh in is much more accurate...(I like to pretend I'm at my own Weight Watchers meeting) but I was feeling particularly sleight this morning, so stepped onto the scales to see a pound and a half weight loss!  

And I was chuffed, like REALLY chuffed, I even ran to the boy to tell him.  It meant I only had half a pound to go to reach this Saturday's goal.  I now have a pound and a half to lose, in 4 days, unless I go on a ridiculous juice diet, that isn't going to happen.

I'm also blaming all the Carlisle Bloggers I'm meeting tonight, we're heading out to a bar that does meals that probably contain no-less than 12 billion calories per meal.  Think pulled pork, burgers, mac n cheese...all the good stuff.

I need to get back focused, I need to start exercising (the bane of my life) and I need to pray for a miracle! Ok, I'm being melodramatic again.  I need to be realistic.  I'm away all weekend with friends, brunch on Saturday and a meal out in the evening isn't going to help me hit that half a stone goal.  So I'm going to be content with my, almost, 6lb weight loss.  Relax and enjoy my weekend, and start again come Monday.

So I didn't reach my goal, but I wasn't far off...I guess I just have to really think about this exercise malarkey now so that the Guiness Cake incident doesn't have to happen again.

Oh, did I forget to mention the squats and abs have come to a complete stop? I said it had been a bad week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...