pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

a healthy life - week 6


I've done it, I've reached my first goal...half a stone lost! Well, 8lbs if I'm going to be precise.  

And I'd quite like to just sit and take a moment to be proud of myself.  It's taken me 6 weeks to get here, and it hasn't been easy, but it's been the most motivated I've been on any diet, and I'm sticking at it!  I think firstly, the myfitnesspal app has been a BIG help, it's really kept me on track, usually I'd think that little biscuit here, and a slice of cake there wouldn't matter, but when you're actually tracking the calories in front of you, it definitely makes you think twice.

On top of that I've had good motivation from family, friends and you lovely lot on Twitter.  So big thanks to those of you who have been keeping me going.  

They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice you're body changing, and 8 weeks for your friends and family to notice.  I've definitely noticed a change, and I'm feeling more confident in myself.  And at week 6, the boy and my mum have said they can tell I've lost weight...but they have to say that, don't they?!

So now it's a case of setting my next goal...I'm still aiming to work on the fitness...at some point.  I went for a walk on Sunday, that's a start, right? If any of you can suggest some good ways to help me start my fitness journey I'd really appreciate it, I HATE running with a passion, well in fact, I hate most exercise, but I know I have to start somewhere, so any youtube vids or fitness plans you can send my way, would be much appreciated!

And if anyone else is on a weight loss/fitness journey, I'd love to hear how you're getting on....

4 comments :

  1. Oh wow, congrats! Sticking to healthy eating initially is always so challenging, but it's so worthwhile! I'm not an avid runner but I use the Couch to 5K app, it's a great way to get started if you're wanting to try it...but otherwise, my biggest recommendation is Blogilates; it's a YT channel with pilates workouts, but the girl behind it also makes a monthly calendar of workouts for you to do (which you can also download on the app store by searching 'Blogilates' on iPhone/Android), and she does a beginner's calendar, too, here: http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2013/06/03/beginners-calendar-for-popsters-just-starting-out/ it's my favourite way to work out, and you notice such huge differences in both your body and your fitness levels :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It can be such a struggle at times.

    I'm aiming to start a bit of exercise this coming month. I'm arthritic so I'm going to start small but hopefully I can find something that makes me feel happier and healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left you a comment on twitter earlier as my iPhone wouldn't let me comment on this post! Well done your doing great keep it up!

    www.insidethesecretcloset.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow congrats! I only ever manage to stay motivated for a few days but as it's only 1 month until my birthday I think I'm going to try and tone up. I might do a 30 day challenge or something. Lots of my friends keep fit my skipping, its good cardio and fun! Good luck with your next goal, you should be really proud of yourself :)

    Lucy ox

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...