pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

a healthy life - week 7

I'm starting to learn that this healthy eating mission certainly comes with it's ups and downs, and it's about staying focused and maintaining motivation that's more important than what the scales are saying.

This week I've put on a pound and a half, and I can't understand how.  Yes, I will fully admit that Saturday night I put the healthy eating on hold while I 'slightly' over indulged, ok, a little more than slightly but I didn't go all out, eating everything in sight.  But the rest of the week I'd been really, really good, tracking all my calories and not going over board.  So putting weight on, has been, to tell you the truth, a real kick in the balls.   Particularly now as it means I'm no longer at my half a stone goal!

But enough dwelling, after Saturday nights extravagance, I've started this week with a new focus.  I have a new goal in place, and that's to get to the weight I was aged 21 and a young spring chicken partying in Ibiza.  I've often looked back to those photos longing to look like that again.  That's a whole 3 pounds away, not unrealistic! 

I'm printing more healthy recipes off the internet, and I did my first blogilates session last night...wow, that's some killer stuff.  My legs and stomach muscles are paying for it today.  I know I should really be focusing on the cardio rather than the strength to help me lose pounds, but me and cardio don't really get along, so for now I'm focusing on the fact I'm actually doing something, and improving my tone and flexibility.

And yes, I have more appreciation for the fact it's not going to be easy, I'm not going to see immediate results, and there will be some weeks when I just think 'how did that happen', but I'm sticking at it, 7 weeks now...and counting, and I'm constantly on the lookout for further inspiration and hitting small goals to keep me going. 

1 comment :

  1. I've been a fan of breaking things down into smaller goals for a while now. I think that otherwise the end result can seem too far away and you can be put off.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...