pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 18 March 2014

a healthy life - week 10

Good news to start this week's post, I've lost another pound! That brings me to a total weight loss of 9lbs, and only 1lb left to go to reach my second goal.

I don't want to sound like I'm boasting, or saying this week has been easy, because it hasn't.  But I was sure it was going to be another week of staying the same weight.  I've kept an eye on my calories, but had a couple of hiccups here and there, mainly in the form of chocolate brownies..but more on those another day.

So this week I thought I'd focus a little bit on what I'm eating to keep me on track. 

Most week day mornings start with cereal, we have a rule in our house that we never have less than 4 types of cereal in our cupboards, it keeps things interesting, and it means I don't get bored of having the same thing.  It can range from Special K, to Raisin Wheats, to plain old fashion porridge, and as an occasional treat coco-pops, but we don't tell the scales about those.

Lunch is usually soup, now this is quickly getting tiresome (9 weeks in), and I need to start thinking up some super salads or low fat sandwiches to keep me focused.  Soup is great in Winter, but now that we've seen a bit of sunshine, I'm fancying it less and less.  So any suggestions for healthy (and quick) lunches would be much appreciated.

Dinner, I like to keep interesting.  For me, it's the most exciting meal of the day...well it's the biggest, and usually the most satisfying, and I'm greedy like that.  It's hard to keep coming up with ideas that are healthy, but also satisfies the boy, and his large appetite.  I have evening meals on my own usually twice a week (I'm a London widow!), so these are the nights I go super healthy, cous cous, vegetables, salad or eggs in some form or another.  And on the other evenings, I just try to cook healthier versions of our usual meals.  For example, last night, we had chicken, pesto and mozzarella tarte.  It was DELICIOUS, super easy, and (kind of) calorie controlled.  I bought the 'lighter' version of pastry, low-fat mozzarella, and reduced-fat pesto.  

I am avoiding pasta, to both mine and the boys dismay, but we did used to eat A LOT of pasta.  I eat a lot less cheese than I used to, previously I'd find an excuse to add cheese to everything, in fact, I have been known to choose my evening meal based on what I can put the most cheese on.  And I'm having vegetables on the side where previously I would have had carbs, carbs, carbs!

Now for snacks, I mentioned in my last post Weight Watchers Dessert Yoghurts and Options Hot Chocolates, and yes these are still my daily go-to's.  But on top of that, throughout the day it's fruit..apples, satsumas, and now that Spring is here, soon it'll be plums, peaches and nectarines.  In the evening, I always want something that will gratify my sweet tooth cravings.  I LOVE Pink N' Whites, and only 50 calories means I'm not over-indulging.  I've just this week discovered both Tunnocks Tea Cakes and Fondant Fancies are only around 100 calories each, so for really good days, when I've managed a low calorie day, these are a real treat.

But I'm always looking for ideas, recipes and suggestions for more interesting and exciting meals.  Especially ones that don't feel too healthy, or I can convince the boy isn't super low fat, so if you too are on a healthy eating path..please let me know!

In other news, I'm thinking becoming a food blogger I take so many photos of my meals these days.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...