pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 25 March 2014

a healthy life - week 11

What's happened this week? Well, an Indian takeaway is what's happened.  Chicken passanda, peshwari naan plus poppadoms and chutneys is what happened to be entirely precise.

Which has resulted in a half a pound weight gain.  I know the Indian takeaway isn't entirely to blame, but with a calorie content that is pretty much off the scale, it's got to be a contributing factor.

In addition to that, I don't think my arse has moved from a stationery position during the whole week, on top of that I may have made a rather large Lemon and Blueberry Cake, with a high sugar content, so it's not surprising that the scales have gone up rather than down.

I'm not going to let myself be too concerned about it though, in the grand scheme of things, what's half a pound? There's a high chance after a good day yesterday and today, that I've lost it again.

What I need to focus on is ensuring that when I have these 'hiccups', I quickly get back on it.  Sunday, the boy and I went for a long walk to attempt to override a portion (probably a 20th) of said takeaway, but I then swiftly followed it with a vanilla milkshake.  So all in all, it's been a bad week.

But like I said, I am back ON IT! Yesterday was a good day, mainly consisting of vegetables.  Today has been another good day, porridge for breakfast, salad for lunch and a yet to be consumed egg based tea.

I have a day running around after my 20month old  niece, which will no doubt burn a week's worth of calories, and I have a bridesmaid dress fitting on Friday so I'm determined to have lost that little measly half a pound by then.
I'm feeling motivated, and this week I'm being inspired by Rosie.  Check out her blog if you're not already.  This crazy lady has given up refined sugar for lent...she has more willpower than me! But she's also posting her progress, from healthy smoothie recipes to guilt-free treats, and something I could learn a little bit from..her exercise regime.  It's Rosie I turn to at the moment to give me a kick up the bum, just wish it would kick me into action to actually get up and move said bum.

1 comment :

  1. Thank you so much lady, means a lot that you've been enjoying my posts! It's been blimmin' hard but actually the support from other bloggers and being able to chat about recipes and tips on Twitter has been amazing! Your posts massively inspire me too, I love your Healthy Life updates :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...