pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Monday, 3 March 2014

a healthy life - week 8


Where to start this week? I had a focused and 'calorie counted' five days, allowing myself a night off on Friday night to hit up date night with the boy.  If you can't treat yourself on date night, well, then life's not worth living.

I then did LOTS of walking on Saturday...shopping counts as walking, right? No, but really, I did do a lot of walking, and I was feeling quite proud of myself, but then Saturday night happened, and all I can say is...

Morrison's Toffee Bites have got a lot to answer for!  

Have you ever had a Morrison's Toffee Bite? Well if you too are trying to stick to a healthy diet then I suggest you stay well away.  I'm too ashamed to admit in a public forum how many of these I ate, but at 90 calories a pop...it ain't gonna be pretty.

And they are probably the sole reason why I still haven't shifted that extra pound and a half.

So this week I need to address two main issues:
1.  Exercise, Exercise, Exercise - I wouldn't be sat here feeling so guilty about those toffee bites if I'd just get off my butt and move.
2.  Willpower - I do not seem to be able to maintain any once I've had a drink.  I know most people suggest I shouldn't be drinking at all when I'm trying to be healthy, but come Friday night, a glass of wine is well needed.  And this love affair is never going to end.

That's two months of my health kick I've now completed, and at half a stone weight-loss and one or two hiccups (read - over indulgences) I guess I can't complain.  

Anyone else struggling to get over a hurdle? What do you do to keep you motivated?

I'm off now to do my second blogilates session, lets hope this is the start of something new!

1 comment :

  1. I'm looking for ways to get over the hurdle I seem to be in at the moment. I have about a stone to lose and I don't feel as though I'm making any progress. I'm trying to decide what to give up for Lent.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...