pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Monday, 24 March 2014

it's all about...the wrinkles

At least, that's what it feels like at the moment!

If you follow me on Twitter (you're not? why not!) then you may have noticed I've been venting some frustration lately, largely due to the lines that are fast appearing on my forehead.

Now, I don't know if it's because I'm getting married next year, or because I'm growing out my fringe so all of a sudden, my forehead which was previously hidden, is now glaringly obvious, but I have become completely fixated on my wrinkles.

I'm sure many of you think I'm being irrational, my mum does, but I can't stop obsessing over them.  My first concern is that I'm only 28 and I'm sure I should still have flawless skin, right? I regularly compare my forehead to other people's (yeah I know that sounds weird) and try to work out how old they are, and how their wrinkles compare to mine.  9 times out of 10, mine are worse, and they're older than me.

It's getting to a point where I'm spending more and more money on products, and more and more time catching sight of my reflection and spending in-ordinate amounts of time worrying about it.  Which quite frankly, if you've seen my 'worried' face, definitely isn't helping.


So I thought I'd turn to my readers for help and advice.  My main concern, as you can see by this beautifully highlighted picture, is my forehead, and the area between my eyes.  The wrinkles on my forehead look like deep river valleys to me, and I'm sure make me look much older than my years.  Then I have what looks like a slight scar between my eyebrows, it's not a scar, I've never had anything like a spot or cut that would cause that, and it's driving me mad.  

I recently purchased Estee Lauder's Night Repair Cream, and L'Oreal's Revitalift Classic for Deep Set Wrinkles, as recommended by Stylist, and will stick with these for now.  In fact, L'oreal claim you will see a difference in a few weeks, so I may do a comparison post soon.

But I'm deliberating over some acupuncture facials.  I went to a local beauty salon for advice, and was recommended one of their top treatments.  However at £45 a pop, and a suggested 6-10 treatments, with ideally one a week, my heart and my credit card broke a little.  I can't bring myself to justify that expenditure without really knowing if it's going to have any effect.  

And, I've been eyeing up botox treatments...I'm getting desperate.

So, what I really want to know is, can any of you recommend anything that REALLY works, shall I fork out over £400 plus on facials, or is there some high street magic that will do the trick?  

With a wedding 14 months away, I'm ready to put in the hard work.

3 comments :

  1. Hey chick. I have the same problem on my forehead. I'm 26. My friend says that most of it is dehydration. I drank more and started to use a really good moisturiser in the evenings ( Liz earle moisturiser and eye cream on my eyes and head) and it seems to be working. Obviously you can still see the lines a bit but they are so much better.

    www.georgiesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you get on with the moisturisers that you are currently trialling :) I'd love to know as am always looking at ways to decrease my lines! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have met you in real life a few times now and I have never ever noticed any wrinkles, in fact you mention your age here and I was a little suprised, I had thought you were younger than that.(you certainly don't appear 'older than your years'!) I know we all have our hang ups, and whatever anyone says doesn't make a difference to what we think about ourselves, but in my opinion you are a beautiful young woman with flawless skin, that I for one would kill for! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...