pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Sunday, 23 March 2014

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: orange lips

When Stylist drops through my letterbox on a Thursday, I nervously pick it up , then hurriedly flick through to find that week's Trend on Trial, inevitably it is then met with a 'Oh....ok', and I spend the week trying to decide how exactly I'm going to pull off that look.
This week, however, was different.  Orange lips!  A look that is in fact, not uncommon on myself, particularly when the sun is out, and my skin is a nice shade of bronze, rather than pasty white as it is at the moment.

So I set to, teamed with MAC's Morange, and Revlon's Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti I knew this was going to be a Trend on Trial I enjoyed.

I first purchased Morange several years ago after seeing a blogger wearing it...sorry I have no idea which blogger it was, I stumbled across her randomly one day, and have never managed to re-locate her since, but I can still picture the image of her sporting that orange lip.  I quickly made it my mission to rock that look myself, and have never looked back since.

I'm now the proud owner of several products in a various shades of tangerine, satsuma...and well, orange, and I'm sure my collection is not going to end there.  Like the Stylist ladies, I love this look, it radiates confidence like a bold red lip does, however it's much more cheeky and playful.

However, I do have one but, and really I think to completely pull this off, a tan is essential.  Given that I'm a deathly shade of translucent white at the moment, I'll be popping this back in the drawer until there's a hint of a tint, and a holiday on the horizon. 

What do you think? Is Orange the new black red?

2 comments :

  1. I am nowhere near brave enough to try out an orange lip - I still haven't plucked up the courage to try a red lipstick, yet! It really does look great on you, though, which gives me hope, as I'm pretty pale, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tried to stray away from orange lips as the thought scared me, but I love wearing different orange shades now, especially orangey corals! The colour looks lovely on you; so fresh and vibrant! Definitely want to wear more orange lip colours in Spring. x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...