pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Sunday, 9 March 2014

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: too much bronzer

source

Ten minutes prior to starting this trial I said to the boy that I am really in need of a holiday, my skin is so pale at the moment I'm practically translucent, staring at myself in window reflections I need sunglasses because my skin is so white, and I'm worried that if I don't wear make-up, people are going to start asking me if I'm feeling alright.  

So faced with a trial that means over-doing the bronzer is a welcome task.  However, like Stylist's own Evie, being ridiculously pale teamed with bronzer, isn't so easy to pull off.  I know most of you are probably looking at these photos wondering if I'm even wearing bonzer, well believe me this is several layers worth, in fact I stopped as this point because I was beginning to look like I'd been tango-ed.  When your starting point is bright white, it's difficult to get close to achieving that 'natural' sun-kissed look.

 stylist trend on trial bronzer, blogger trend on trial, fashion blogger bronzer

I long for Summer days when I do have a touch of colours to my cheek, that I can then bronze up to achieve that 'I've just been on holiday look', but at the moment I'm just far too pale to be able to pull it off.  Like Evie I'm just convinced it draws attention to other 'problem' areas of my face...check out those bags under my eyes.  

  stylist trend on trial bronzer, blogger trend on trial, fashion blogger bronzer

While I know these photos make it look relatively subtle, and actually quite nicely achieved that bronzed look, in reality, 6 layers in, and obviously caked on...isn't so attractive.

Let's hope next week is a winner!

2 comments :

  1. I feel your pain! I'm really quite pale without makeup and bronzer stands out a mile on me if I have even the tiniest touch too much of it on. Using it to contour is about as much as my face can handle! xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous make up in these pics
    x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...