pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Saturday, 15 March 2014

stylist's trend on trial, trialled: white eyeliner


I knew from the moment I opened this week's Stylist that I was not going to enjoy Trend on Trial this month.  I have spent several years perfecting the perfect black cats eyeliner flick, I do not want to start mixing that up, it's my statement look.  I feel lost without it.  

I know you're probably all thinking that white eyeliner isn't THAT big of a deal, but it really is.  For starters I have fair eyelashes, so my usual black eyeliner helps get really close to the roots (?!) to help conceal that, teamed with lashings of mascara, you'd never know! Have you ever attempting to coat all your eyelashes in layers of black mascara, whilst avoiding touching a thick white line across your top lid? It's virtually impossible.

Secondly, why would I want to look like I have a 'the crest of a wave' floating along the top of my eye?  I really don't, I want to ooze sixties glamour, not space-age ice queen!


The Stylist girls thought this look rocked on the catwalk, but personally, I don't even think it looks good on models sporting a face a face of perfection, sorry Kenzo but I just don't get it?  Everyone wants to draw attention to their eyes, but this just screams weird to me.


What do you think? Is white eyeliner the way forward?

4 comments :

  1. Honestly I'm not a fan of that catwalk look either. However I really like how you have incorporated it into your look. I think if you adapt it to suit your own face then it can work :) xx

    peplumsandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer your look to the catwalk look if I am honest, I love how your eyes look so bright and alert x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your trend on trial looks! I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...