pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Friday, 7 March 2014

the great fringe debacle

blonde hair full fringe fashion blogger
I always assumed I'd get married 'fringe-less'.

By that, I mean, whenever I've pictured my big day, I never thought I'd be peeping out from behind a full fringe, I'd always imagined free flowing, bohemian style waves, or a classic, yet slightly tousled up-do.

Never with a full fringe.

So the day I got engaged, was the day I began the arduous task of growing out said fringe.  With the understanding that come 2015 (we're getting married in the May) I could make that all important 'wedding hair' decision.

 blonde hair full fringe fashion blogger
1. 2. 3. 4.

3 months in, and this growing out procedure is paining me.  I miss my fringe.  I've always loved my fringe.  I think it adds character to my otherwise lank and lifeless hair.  And that lank and lifeless hair looks even more pathetic with these mid length strands hanging around that I can't do anything with because I have annoying cow-licks at either side.

I'm itching to re-fringe.
 blonde hair full fringe fashion blogger
1. 2. 3. 4.

So I'm asking  my lovely readers for help and advice.  Do I or don't I? That is the big question of the day.


P.S.  I was all for finishing this post and heading straight to the hairdressers, but the fact I can't find any 'wedding hair' images with fringes is stressing me out...!

6 comments :

  1. I think grow it out, you could always get it cut back in nearer the wedding but at least you'll have the option either way! Love the wedding hair pics :) xx

    www.onthedressingtable.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so gorgeous either way!! I think 'with' fringe looks so soft and romantic


    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Stacey x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the question is, when do you feel most 'you'? I don't know about getting married but I always imagined that it was a day to feel like the best and most loved form of yourself that there is. The worst thing would be looking back and the photos and feeling like you were trying to be the perfect 'bride'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you're so pretty with and without,
    I think you could make it work either way, but if you miss your fringe get it back!
    The more you feel you, the better

    Kelly from |Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the end of the day you need to look like you and be comfortable with how you look as its a big, once in a life time day. I know that sounds silly but I find it really strange when brides go for really big changes just for their wedding day, you want to look back on your pictures and be able to say "yes that it me" rather than a one day wonder hair style. I know that sounds strange and I hope you get what I mean :) Personally I think the no fringe would be the better option as it opens up your face, yes a fringe will frame your face but with the right make up and hair style, that can happen too :) Good luck with your decision. xx

    peplumsandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...