pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 28 May 2014

pink hair don't care


I don't know why it has taken me so long to get on the 'hair chalk' bandwagon, as soon as they came out I knew it would be something I'd love, and a mere 6, 7, 12 (who knows?) months later I've finally given them a go.  And I was right, it's love...I'm hooked.

I've often toyed with dying my hair pink.  It's not a colour in any other sense that I'm a big fan of, I never wear it, in fact I often go out my way to avoid it, as I don't want to come across too girly, with blonde hair and blue eyes, I just envisage the 6 year old me having never grown up.  But pink hair? That is something different altogether, in my head it sums up images of rock chicks, chilled out hippies, and ultimately someone much cooler than me!

In fact when pink ombre was doing the rounds in the ol' blogosphere, I seriously contemplated it...check out this post.  And yet it never happened, and look I really am behind the times, that was over a year and a half a go.

But anyway, I digress, I'm only 2 years behind the times, which in effect almost makes me cool, yeah? I decided to take the plunge and give The Body Shop's Hair Chalk a go, Sally kindly gave me some tips on how best to apply it...I ignored her, and was left with pink hands for the rest of the day, but hey, whose looking at your hands with hair that looks like this?  

And do you know what? I'm loving it SO much, I'm considering the real dye job. 
In other news, have you noticed the smokey eye make up I'm sporting in this pictures? So it would seem the battle I've been having with watery eyes for the last few years is all down to my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.  After a colleague suggested that might be the cause, I tweeted about it and was surprised to hear I'm not the only one.  Estee Lauder have asked me to drop them an email, and I'm just waiting to hear back from their customer care team.

If any of you have been suffering with the same problem, I'd love to hear from you, as I'm sure Estee Lauder would like to know if their products are causing problems.  I'm still a HUGE Double Wear fan, and I'll continue to use it, it just means I'll be avoiding using it around the eye area...which is kind of a pain, but a pain I'm willing to put up with.

4 comments :

  1. I would love to have hair like yours, it's so nice! I've always wished for blonde hair (I suppose we want what we can't have!). Chalks don't show up on my hair, unless it's bright red or green but it never looks that nice on my dark hair :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how it would look on dark hair, you look so awesome. Love the eye makeup.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAAAAAH i have been so so excited to see this!!!!!! It look FAB and you look so beautiful!!!!! WooooHOOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...