pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Friday, 23 May 2014

vintage chocolate chip cookies

This week's bake off was chocolate chip cookies, super simple and pretty damn delicious. My only comment on making these even better if I was to make them again? Don't squash them before they go in the oven. I don't know why I always feel the need to press my mixture with a fork when making cookies, but it's an impulse I really need to get out of...the recipe didn't even tell me too. It meant this biccies were a little crisp around the edges, and they would have been much nicer super squidgy, and warm when still fresh out the oven.
If you want to find the original recipe, you can see it here, but I'm reproducing it exactly the same below:

Ingredients
150g salted butter, softened
80g light brown muscovado sugar
80g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
225g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
200g plain chocolate chips or chunks


Method

1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.

2. Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.



















































































































3. Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.





































































4. Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.


Happy Baking peeps...and if you do decide to give any of the recipes a go that you've seen on my blog, I'd love it if you dropped me a comment below, or a tweet...would make my day it would!


If you enjoyed this little read, why not follow me on bloglovin?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...