pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

a healthy life - week 23


Well for a while I didn't think I'd be posting anymore 'healthy life' posts, my diet and lifestyle was far from healthy, and I didn't think anyone would want to read week after week, posts about how once again I'd fallen off the bandwagon, and was looking for motivation, I'd eaten a whole block of cheese in one go, and drank 4 pints of ice cream mixed with lard.  For the record, I didn't do either of those things, but you get the picture.

Since Easter, I'd struggled to find the motivation to get back on track.  Cakes and chocolate were winning over salad, fruit, and vegetables, and exercise was non-existent (no change there then).  But, after a couple of weeks months, I was well and truly suffering for it.  I was feeling much more uncomfortable in myself, bloated and lethargic, and feeling paranoid about my stomach (the area I put weight on first, and struggle to shift), a serious case of cake overload.  So, after my wee family holiday away (believe me when I say I ate my own body weight in cake), I have a new found motivation.

So I'm sure you want to hear all about it yeah? Well, where do I start.  I got back from my mini-break last Wednesday, I gave myself four days to get 'on-it' before I hit the scales on Monday morning.  I like a weekly weigh-in, it gives me something to work towards, and keeps me focused if I've had  bad week.  Luckily the scales weren't TOO painful, yes I've put on 4lbs, but I'm stll 6lb lighter than when I started this challenge.  Plus, back to the 'bodyweight in cake' situation, I don't think 4lbs is bad going.

I'm calorie counting again, I know some people don't believe in this, but it works for me.  I'm walking to work every day, yes it may only be about a 12 minute work but I'm definitely feeling better for it, and the big news is, I've bought a skipping rope.  Yep, back to playground days, only it's much harder work than I remember and it really, really hurts if it hits you on the leg.

Combine that with the longer walks I've been doing with the boy, we went up a mountain and we even bought proper walking shoes (it pained me to spend money on them!) plus ten minutes of skipping 3 times a week and I think things are looking brighter.  Oh, you noticed I only do ten minutes of skipping? Do you know how hard it is to skip for ten minutes without stopping? Skipping was one of the few fitness related things I was good at as a child, so I'm determined to bring out the inner child in me, and I enjoy it, somehow it seem less painful than running, and no-one can see me in the privacy of my own garden!

With a bikini-clad holiday coming up in 4 weeks, I've determined to shift that 4lbs, that's a 1lb a week...totally achievable, right?

And if you're interested, I just bought this skipping rope from Sports Direct, a bargain at £2.99, but if you can recommend any good skipping youtubers, or skipping workouts for beginners, then do let me know!


Bloglovin | Twitter | Pinterest

2 comments :

  1. Good luck! By sheer logic calorie counting works....motivation however! I am doing 5:2 Amazing! Whatever works for, do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw i LOVE this! I def think finding something that suits you exercise-ways is the right way to go, or you just wont commit. Before i had the bike i was mad on hula-hooping. Dont laugh! But i was always fab as a child and could go for ages without it dropping. It was much harder than i remembered when i got back into it but i had SO much fun! If i didn't think i would get laughed at even more than i already do, i would totally get back on it!!!!

    Wishing you all of the luck and also being very jealous that you are swanning off somewhere hot!!! I am SO craving a hol!!!!!xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...