pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Friday, 27 June 2014

coconut bread


Ever since Olivia posted this recipe for Coconut Bread back at the beginning of April, it's been on my 'must bake' list.  I love coconut, and I love bread, it's a win-win situation.

Now, I was not disappointed.  This bread is a dream, and I have been enjoying this in every way you can imagine, with fresh berries and yoghurt as per Olivia, toasted with a little bit of butter, fresh out the oven with A LOT of nutella, and plain and simple all on it's own.

I've made it several times since, and served it to every member of my family, and most of the boy's, and it's been thumbs up all round.

Ingredients
 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 375g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 220g caster sugar
- 150g shredded coconut
- 75g melter unsalted butter 
Method
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, and grease and line a loaf tin! 

2. Whisk your eggs, milk and vanilla into a bowl until slightly frothy. In a separate bowl sift your flour, baking powder and cinnamon. 
3. Add your sugar and coconut to to the dry mixture, and stir until combined. Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and gradually pour in your egg mixture, stirring each bit as you go. 

4. Add in your melted butter and stir in until just combined, try to not over mix! 
5. Carefully pop into your preheated oven and bake for one hour (or a little more until nice and crisp)- check with a skewer before removing to check it's all done too!

6. Leave to cool on a wire wrack, and serve with whatever takes your fancy.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm not normally a cinnamon fan, but it combined with the coconut, it works a treat!

2 comments :

  1. Wow this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Think I will give it a try.

    Lauren x

    www.bylaurenjane.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...