pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Sunday, 8 June 2014

stylist trend on trial, trialled: green eyeshadow

This isn't the first time I've given green eye shadow ago.  The first time was many years ago, after buying my first ever Urban Decay palette, and feeling determined to make sure I used ALL the colours.  I choose the green for a night out with the girls.  This night also happened to be the first time I met the boy, unsurprisingly, neither of us were particularly impressed with the other.  Teamed with the green eyeshadow, I was sporting a bad hair do, and a not so flattering outfit.  The boy was going through his hair straighteners phase, and was wearing an interesting brown shirt and brown tank top combo!

Needless to say, I haven't worn that eyeshadow since (and most of the other bright shades still sat untouched), however, luckily the boy and I met each other again at a later date, and managed to forgive our previous fashion faux pas.

However, all in the name of blogging, here I am giving green eye shadow another go.  I didn't have high expectations for this look.  My past experience plus mixed opinions from the Stylist ladies meant I was sure second time around wouldn't be much better.

Rooting through my drawers I found that original Urban Decay eye shadow and set to.  It was exactly as I'd expected...green.  Very, very green.  And bright, oh so bright.  It was quickly becoming evident I wasn't going to be a fan.
The shade wasn't quite right, and despite opting for a subtler application than seen on the Armani catwalks and still I felt overly aware of my bold look.  However, not to be defeated I did head into town to do some shopping with the green in tow.  The shopping trip was unsuccessful, and I spent the whole day convinced the shop assistants were judging me for my bad make up choices.  It might have been paranoia, but more likely, green at 3o'clock in the afternoon is never going to be a winner!

But, and yes there is a but, later in the day, I toned it down with a dusky brown shade.  And this I LOVED.  It made for a subtle smokey eye, which I like so much, I've worn again today.

So it's not all thumbs down for the green, but I'll be avoiding the bright green of yonder years. 


Bloglovin | Twitter | Pinterest

2 comments :

  1. This shade makes your blue eyes look incredible! I am a big fan of green-have you tried something softer like MAC Sumptuous Olive? Would look amazing on you



    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green eyeshadow and use it all the time!
    Two Hearts One Roof

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...