pages

About Me      Guilty Pleasures      Disclaimer      Contact

Wednesday, 4 May 2016

the challenge: latest #fitspo - steffy white



Another installment in the fitspiration series (check out this, this and this if you want a read of my previous ones) and this week I'm feeling inspired by Steffy White.

I actually discovered Steffy because she happens to be an old friend of a good friend of mine, I've never met her but recently started following some of her yoga tutorials on youtube and started giving them a go.

If you follow me on Instagram then you'll know that I'm a big fan of yoga but it's something I don't do a lot of.  I'd really love to get into it more, I've always been a relatively flexible person, and I think given the time and energy yoga is something I could really get into, and potentially be quite good at (is yoga something you be good at? maybe just giving it a go is good enough...!).  

I currently do one class a week, and while I don't want to sound like I'm criticising, the teacher is very much more of a generic all round fitness instructor, and I don't get the impression she's into the real techniques and flow of yoga (I've never heard her use the term 'chataranga', or corrected my position) and whilst I do enjoy it, the class hasn't changed in the year I've been going and I don't feel my flexibility or strength has either.

source

For this reason, I've started trying to do the odd youtube yoga class/workout/whatever you call it when I have time at home, and having heard of Steffy I thought I'd give hers a go as I didn't really know where else to start.  I've also been following her on Instagram for sometime, and with a body like that, it's not surprising I wanted to give it a go.  If there's any chance of getting a figure like her, and my leg in those positions, then I am all for trying it.

She's got a lovely gentle Scottish accent, really knows her stuff and guides you carefully through her routines, which are easy to follow but difficult.  You definitely know you've had a good workout when you're finished, but you can see the potential to advance is there if you keep it up.  She's super passionate too, which I always thinks keeps you motivated, particularly when working out at home.

Steffy also runs regular classes and workshops and you'll regularly see the likes of Ella Woodward and Madeleine Shaw popping up on her feeds, so that's a good enough fan girl moment for me.  Next time I'm in London, I'm definitely going to have to see if I can squeeze in a class with her because I'd love to have a go face to face, and maybe she can correct my probably awkward downward dog, and teach me how to do this with my leg, then you know what my drunken party trick will be...
source

It's now three months till my Total Warrior challenge, if you want to read more about why I'm talking part in it, then please read this post, and I'd really love it if you could spare some change to sponsor me and help raise money for pancreatic cancer.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :) So please away xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...